Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • RIP Bruno Ganz
  • Pook

Despite its greater fame as meme fodder, his portrayal of Hitler in Downfall was incredible.

mrb123
    Free Member

His rants in Downfall are the stuff of legend!

MSP

There was even a STW Hitler rant meme, I can’t find it, but hope someone else can and posts it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I loved Wings of Desire

CountZero

Thank you CF, the gift that keeps giving! Haven’t seen it in ages, hasn’t got old. 🤣

MrOvershoot

Boba Fatt

I loved Wings of Desire

Yep one of Wim Wenders best films
    Though “until the end of the world” foretold so much of today!!

Superficial
    Free Member

The fact that the meme endures is that it was such a fantastic piece of acting. I have to admit I don’t think I’ve seen him in anything else but Downfall was amazing.

greyspoke
    Free Member

The way he dealt with the “parodies” was also classy. I suspect he wasn’t such a fan, most of them are somewhere between embarrassing and distasteful.

jamj1974

A massive fan of Wim Wenders – so Wings of Desire and his performance is up there for me.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Never saw Downfall after all the spoilers.

daviek

I’ve not seen that before, now i have tears running down my face.

seadog101

I saw an interview with him where he talked abboot Downfall. Although he thought it was good that the memes were made, as it made more people interested in the film, he wasn’t entirely happy that one of his best performances was being turned into comedy.

Still, an amazing performance, throughout the movie, and a brrilliant film olverall.

theotherjonv

As an old timer on here, that Downfall meme had me properly. Where are they now, Rudefred, SFB, what happened to TJ and his ridiculous contraption 😉

jamj1974
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘RIP Bruno Ganz’ is closed to new replies.