Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Ring – Advice Needed
  • UncleFred
    Free Member

Was looking at Wedding Rings at the weekend and found a couple I like.

One is Titanium the other is Tungsten Carbide.

Anybody have any experience with either? I’m quite clumsy when it comes to jewellery so want something hard wearing that I’m not going to dent or scratch.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Pulls up a chair and waits for all the usual “ring” jokes…

guitarhero
    Free Member

RINGS MAIM!

Always remember that poster in woodwork at school. Rings are for women anyway, no? 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

My brother has one of the tungsten carbide ones I think, has no problems with it and it genuinely has never scratched, but he has slimmed off and there’s no way of changing its size, so it falls off a lot.

BlingBling
    Free Member

Tell her you want a “wedding bike” instead and that you promise to ride it every day to remind you of your special day 😉

Bunnyhop

Not keen on jewelry on men. Just my opinion.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Bunnyhop-a wedding ring is sort of expected though isnt it.

donald
    Free Member

Only girls wear rings

Olly
    Free Member

could you not get one made from 853?

Bunnyhop

Coffeeking-mr b.h. doesn’t wear one. I’m always a bit scared of them getting caught in something when doing his sports and mechanics in the garage.

redted
    Free Member

My bro has a Ti one, very hard wearing and doesn’t show scratches. I wore a ring first time round and hated every moment I wore it. Plus I always had the “bloke who jumped up to hang the net up on a goal post and got the ring caught on the hook” story at the back of my mind rather than it reminding me about my wife. Got a nice Omega Seamaster watch this time round. It’s about my only posession I have any sentimental attachment and would save from a burning building, despite being relatively easy to replace. I wear it day in, day out whatever I’m doing. The new wife’s alot nicer too!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’m not 100% what mine’s made of, white gold I think. It has scratched gently over the last 4 years or so. I quite like it that way. It goes with my general distressed appearance. 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

Coffeeking-mr b.h. doesn’t wear one. I’m always a bit scared of them getting caught in something when doing his sports and mechanics in the garage.

You take them off for that. I dont wear one (not currently married either!) but I do own one, I find it gets in the way of most stuff and feels “odd”, I find myself playing with it (oh dear god) all the time and it irritates me. I have very large knuckles and relatively slim fingers so it feels like quoit over a pencil. Still think my other half will demand I wear one when it does happen !

sv

Tungsten one not shatter if dropped?

conkerman
    Free Member

I was instructed to get a Platinum one. They are not as expensive as you think. I have allergy issues with a lot of other metals.

Conks

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve just got married and I agree, I look silly in a ring but the wife insisted. So, I went to G H Moore in Birmingham and had grade 5 titanium rings. They warn you when you buy them, that they’re so tough that hospitals will not be able to cut the ring off in the event of an accident.

For mountain biking/snowboarding/spannering etc, I wear it around my neck on a piece of waxed cotton from the hobby store.

As rings go, it’s the best of bad bunch, it’s 4mm wide and 1.5mm deep.

NZCol

I was offered 18ct white gold, platinum or a ti one and a new Fenn surf ski…

Guess which one i selected ! Ti was 20% of the other two.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Simple, old fashioned, plain gold. The yellow coloured stuff. Good enough for the Mayans, Aztecs, Incas, Egyptians..

Platinum? Rather have Silver. White Gold? Don’t see the point. Titanium? For making bikes out of.

Gold.

I’m not yet married btw; just think Gold is timeless.

dr_death
    Free Member

MInes Platinum and Ti, The platinum has gentley scuffed over time so it now looks lived in, the Ti has proved undamagable.

p.s. We can cut Ti ones off, we have an electric ring cutter with a diamond blade!

NZCol

Mines white with a red deck and an underslung rudder, 6.1m long, Fenn Mako6….ahhhh the ring is Ti, was shiny but i got them to buff it down and its matt now. Don;t really care for a ring as I am skinny finger/fat knuckle but hey the wife wants me to have one so i will do as she pleases !

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Ring – Advice Needed’ is closed to new replies.