Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 296 total)
  • Rigid won’t die? Show us yours!
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Here is my (now sold, sadly… and I miss it) Niner One9 Scandium. I spend a lot of great times on this, did Charlies SS events down in Swanage and loved riding it. I spent a lot of money on upgrading the spec, full Niner RDO and some swanky SRAM carbon cranks et-all… Then I bought the CX’er and it sat in the shed not getting used… and I decided to sell it. It went to a good home, but I still miss it…

funkmasterp

Speedball

My sweet Stooge Speedball courtesy of Clink. Added a Thomson 6 bolt BMX stem and some Junker bars. Currently my only bike and makes me grin whenever I ride it. Just saving up for some more all rounder tyres as most of my riding is now on bridleways, towpaths and boring roads to link them up.

I’m a bit of a serial bike swapper normally, but the only thing that could tempt me to move this on is a Stooge Mk4. It really is a fun machine

Clink

..and I miss it and want it back!!

If you do sell let me have first refusal. 🙂

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Wonder who’ll be the first to post a Bootzipper?

bigblackshed
    bikebouy
    Free Member

A lot of the pics posted are stuck behind that “we value your private parts” screens.

Jus sayin..

bigblackshed

Can’t do anything about the privacy warnings. St least I can’t figure out how to host images easily without them.

bigblackshed

bigblackshed

That seems to work.

ciquta
    Free Member

null

bobbyeightfivethree
    Free Member

OnOne Inbred

fudge9202
    Free Member

Really liking this thread as my riding is heading this way I’m rigid curios, what’s best 29er or 27.5+, I really like the look of the Surly Karate Monkey. Any real reviews or pics.

avdave2

Pinnacle Ramin 3+ – Somewhere I’ve a photo of my first mountain bike in the same place , also rigid. But then everything was, it was a 1986 Rockhopper.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Rigid might not want to die but I thought I was going to earlier! Nearly two years since I last rode. Destroyed me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4NjtZ1BW0T/?igshid=zjygac360qnj

td75
    Free Member

My current favourite rigid bike.

View this post on Instagram

Sunday tag-a-long adventures

A post shared by Tim Dart (@tdart75) on

martymac

Surly karate monkey.
    Great bike, rides well, I’ve ran it with schwalbe big apples, nobby nic/rock razor, and surly knards.
    Works well with all of those. At its best with knard front and rock razor rear ime.
    Bought as a frameset, I built it with 2×10 slx/xt.
    Slx brakes, dura ace barend shifters adapted to work like thumbies.
    Would buy the same thing again.

martymac

fudge9202
    Free Member

@martymac finally a karate monkey very nice indeed on my want list.

benp1

Love this thread. Love my rigid Solaris, my only MTB at the moment

martymac

Pics posted in response to you up above buddy😎😎

fossy

My Old DB Ascent – was out on it last night on a night ride.

`[url=https://flic.kr/p/2cuyxfX]20170916_091417[/url], on Flickr

retrobri
    Free Member

Some nice rides on here

fudge9202
    Free Member

@martymac are they as heavy as mentioned on here?

StefMcDef
    Free Member

An old picture but it still looks pretty much like this, give or take a new dropper post, rear mud tyre and carbon Carnegies.

Couldn’t ride it for a long while as I had a shoulder injury that couldn’t take the jarring involved. Rode it for the first time in more than a year at the weekend and absolutely loved it. Just the ticket for winter mud plugging. Light as a feather and supremely chuck-about-able.
    null

martymac

@fudge, well it’s not a race bike, I have no idea what mine weighs, but my other mtb is an Ebike, so it feels light compared to that.
    I have no trouble keeping up with my mate, and we are more or less equally fit.
    Sorry for the delay replying, work etc eh.
    Edit: he rides a genesis day one 853 tourer/cx bike.

legometeorology
    Free Member

null

sv

Thats a very nice Mk4, my favourite colour after duster blue 🙂

theboatman
    Free Member

Summer commuter, family, pub bike.

legometeorology
    Free Member

Thats a very nice Mk4

Thanks, probably the nicest looking bike I’ve ever built: I’ve made some shockers in my time and for some reason kept photographic evidence… Wait, I don’t want to spoil the thread though.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/zjmBHN]IMG_1058[/url] by Martin Robbo, on Flickr” alt=”When I first built it” />

Everyone loved this one, but it now looks more like this, the Ti forks were rubbish 🙁

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JicduQ]Untitled[/url] by Martin Robbo, on Flickr

bish

Here’s mine

Not sure the gravel bike counts but it is rigid.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

View this post on Instagram

Best way to get the kids to the park

A post shared by Steven Murray (@steve_muzzy) on

Genesis tarn, weeride, wiggins balance bike and some swings 🙂 this was summer, we are about to put mac ride number 2 on the tarn…

expendabar
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hJfHLA]2019-11-11_11-47-43[/url] by Expendabar Expendabar, on Flickr

If my image posting has worked you can feast your eyes on the ugliest bike I have ever owned. Its utterly gopping. If my image posting has failed…your eyes had a lucky escape.

centrifuge
    Free Member
      I really love my steel On One 456 evo II!

BigDummy
    Free Member

null

Jones Plus. Used for general mooching about duties, although there’s very little I can’t or won’t ride the blighter down that I’d do on a different bike…

fudge9202
    Free Member

Mine is in the post 😃

New Salsa El Mariachi frame
    New Salsa Firestarter fork

I have some lovely new Hope Pro 4 wheels

Just need a 1×11 drivetrain and a set of brakes and tyres. Then I’m up and running.

Any recommendations for fast but grippy 29×2.4 tyres?

lovewookie

Superfly

Rubbish pic of my Fisher superfly carbon, exotic carbon forks, flat bars and late 90’s fisher fish fins bar ends.

semi knob tyres make it a bit of a beast on mixed terrain as long as there’s no mud.

it’s slower than you’d think though. however, that may just be me…

fudge9202
    Free Member

Tyre advice please

So I’ve a Salsa El Mariachi and firestarter fork arriving, I have a new set of Hope Pro 4’s on WTB Sti25 TCS rims. So what tyres would the stwers recommend.
    I’m just after a front with good side grip and fast rolling in 2.4 or 2.6 and a fast rear tyre in 2.4.
    Not sure if anything in the Specialized sale is of use.

nedrapier

Bonty XR4 in the front, XR2 in the back. Both available in 2.4 and 2.6

nedrapier

While I’m on, here’s the updated Dekerf mid slop-bombing on Sunday. Bigger bars, nobbier tyre.

null

I was planning on lopping an inch of the 820mm Junker bars straight away, but I tried them and I like them! staying as they are for now. They are still a bit low for uphill grunting, and the ride experience is on the rattly/ragged end of fun (which is as it should be) so I reckon a b+ front is on the cards.

There’s a 3″ nobby nic, an Arc 45 and novatec hub in the spares pile, just need spokes.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 296 total)

The topic ‘Rigid won’t die? Show us yours!’ is closed to new replies.