Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rigid Ti options
  • Premier Icon rone

Own a Travers RussTi 275. Like it as a do all / cummmute / winter.

GF wants this sort of thing – something for winter. No need for suspension etc.

Are there any other to options available similar to the Travers?

She owned a rigid Stache and wants keen in the end.

Premier Icon yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’ve recently set my titanium hardtail up with a rigid fork:

It’s a Titus Fireline Evo frame. You get (got?) them from Planet X. Were about £600 new and go for £3-400 second hand.

I really like it – build quality of the frame is great and it is extremely light.
    That bike is 10kg on the nose with a dropper, pedals, mudguards and waterbottle cage. Nothing superlightweight on it either – Hope wheels and brakes, 1×10 XT.

Premier Icon rone

Ah. My nephew got a 2/hand one of those.

Didn’t really know anything about. Would be perfect for this application.

Premier Icon yourguitarhero
    Free Member

The geometry works well for a rigid bike – it’s a few years old and was kind of an XC/trail bike then.
    I had been running it with a short stem and 140mm fork (I think it was designed around 100mm) and it set the angles up nicely for an all round trail bike. Since I got a full sus enduro style e-bike that I use for most trail riding, this is now my long distance/local stuff/bikepacking bike where the steeper head angle is better.

Premier Icon Cheezpleez

Stooge Ti is an option. I have one I picked up second hand and it’s lovely.

Premier Icon dovebiker

Waltly Titanium in China will make you one – even a Stache copy (they build the frames for Travers and many others) This is my titanium 29+ – custom means I could use the right length of fork, rather than putting a stupidly long fork on to compensate for suspension.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.