Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rigid Souls
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

Anyone running their Soul with a rigid fork? How is it working for you? And what fork are you using? Any A-C sizes would be good too.

letmetalktomark

I briefly ran mine with a 440mm Salsa fork.

It was plenty quick but (to me) not twitchy.

yunki
    Free Member

I always ran mine with a 445mm a2c exotic carbon and some rise on the stem and bar..
    It was just about the perfect combination for a rigid bike for me

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Good stuff, I’ve a 29er Salsa fork in mind (A-C seems to be about 470mm) You got any pics with the Salsa fork?

Northwind

I used to, now got a Soda the same. I used the Exotic 29er carbon fork (46.5cm) to give it “long travel” geometry as it normally had 130mm u-turn Revs, worked really well. The Soda’s got a 45cm Hylix in it which does feel a little “tighter”, for possibly imaginary reasons the Soda just felt better with a little less fork.

Hylixes: Scary light tbh, not totally sure this was a good decision but they’ve done nothing wrong

IMG_1731 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Don’t seem to have any pics of the soul in rigid mode so here’s the soda with the exotic forks.

IMG_1516 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

mobes
    Free Member

Ive just swapped mine over to rigid fork. Im running 29er Salsa Cromoto forks.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

That looks great Mobes 8) Hows it riding?

Sounds like the A-C won’t be a problem and indeed using a 29er fork.

Northwind

Love the skinwalls!

mobes
    Free Member

Rides better than I thought it would to be honest. I used to run a 140mm Fox 32 on there before I decided to go rigid, so I wanted the 29er fork for the longer A-C so the front end didn’t drop too much.

FOG

I tend to run mine in the winter with an old carbon fork, o-one I think which is 100mm corrected and works fine

ratherbeintobago

Does it feel noticeably lighter running a rigid fork, and do you miss the bounce at all?

avdave2

You could also consider running it as a 69er with 440mm forks.

yunki
    Free Member

It definitely feels a touch lighter..
    I’ve missed the bounce on some rough descents, and have often had to force myself to slow down..

Obviously it’s gonna depend where you’re riding and what sort of riding you prefer to do

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rigid Souls’ is closed to new replies.