Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rigid options?
  • reeksy

I’ve broken a second MoCo damper cartridge on my 32mm Revelation fork and don’t see much point in persevering with it. The fork is on a bike mainly used for commuting (albeit the return often involved some pretty techy singletrack) so i’m thinking maybe i’m best getting a 29er rigid fork.

<sarcasm_font> Mrs Reeksy adores my ability to burn money on MTB stuff but i’d like to get something really cheap so that I can spend a fortune on her instead <sarcasm_font/>
    (or at least offset the ridiculous amount of money i’ve spent on replacing broken mtb parts this year).

So, what are the recommendations for AliExpress forks out there?
    Is carbon fibre the best option these days?
    Or is there a well-priced Revelation damper upgrade that i’ve not heard of lurking out there? (local suspension shop says there’s no cheaper alternative than a rigid fork).

joshvegas
    Free Member

Commuter?

On-one steel fork.

reeksy

@joshvegas – doesn’t look like they do 29er?

joshvegas
    Free Member

You’re right, i’m sure they used to.

Ignore me.

I would put a wanted add on here in the classifieds to be honest.

reeksy

I’m on the other side of the world so classified probably isn’t great. But thanks anyway.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Second hand surly integrator fork

montgomery
    Free Member

Instigator?

ConsiderKona options. There’s not much detail there, but they’re happy to clarify re: AC length etc if you contact them.

I ended up with a set of 29er P2s for my old 26er: c.470mm AC, insanely long straight steerer that even I needed to cut down. Cost me £65.

montgomery
    Free Member

Or one of the Identiti forks. I’d go for steel of known provenance over mystery carbon every time. My other bike has a 13 year old pair of Instigator forks still going strong.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Find some Salsa Cromotos. I’ve used loads of different steel forks and the Salsas were by far and away the best.

captainclunkz
    Free Member

+1 for Identiti forks. I’ve got two sets on different bikes and they were both very cheap.

mjsmke

Selcof Carbon fork from planet x is nice.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

eXotic do an aluminium one. Don’t recall what the axle is though. They are slightly longer than most at around 490? Under £100 I think.

On one bootzipper fork?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rigid options?’ is closed to new replies.