Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rigid forks for Soul
  • mikeys

Hi,

I’ve got a 26″ Cotic Soul with a 1 1/8th straight head tube. My suspension forks are coming to the end of their life and was thinking of changing to rigid steel. I’ve started to use it for messing around on trying to learn some trials so am looking for something robust rather than twangy. Currently have a 15mm wheel, but could convert to 9mm.

Anyone got any recommendations- Salsa, Identiti?

Ta

bsims
    Free Member

Gusset (snigger) do dj forks. What about kinesis? Do dmr still do forks?

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve been very happy with an Exotic carbon fork (445mm) on my Soul for the last few years.

I’ve just resurrected an old Rockshox Rev and put it on the Soul though and wish I’d done it earlier 🙂

EDIT: just realised I didn’t read your post properly.. you can sometimes pick up Onza forks pretty reasonably.. Ive used one for the same purpose as you’re suggesting before.

mikeys

Gusset and DMR are two good shouts I hadn’t thought of. The Gusset pair are 430mm long which seems a bit short for the Soul, but I’m not sure what’s best?

yunki
    Free Member

Short is going to be better for trials.. you don’t want it set up like a mtb

mikeys

True. It has to double up as a (short distance) commuter, but maybe that’s not too short.

simon1975

Salsa Cromoto 425mm in my large Simple, they’re perfect for me.  445mm also available but I prefer what I’ve got.

I’ve used Exotic carbons too and they’re great but I wanted something less flexible for the “aggressive XC” (!) riding that I do.  But the “Unicrown” style steel forks look far nicer on that frame, too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rigid forks for Soul’ is closed to new replies.