Righty ho…. who wants what from….

Home Forum Chat Forum Righty ho…. who wants what from….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Righty ho…. who wants what from….
  • Jakester

Do they do a salad? *hides* ๐Ÿ˜€

Chargrill Chicken Oval Bite, Tomato Soup.

Fudge Doughnut for pudding.

Premier Icon muggomagic
    Subscriber

Can I have a salad? time machine?

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

I would rather eat my own turds that buy shyte from there.
    just saying like…….. ๐Ÿ˜€

Ro5ey

Something, anything… that isnt …… biege

IHN

Ta, but I’ve got the remainder of last night’s indian takeaway for lunch

doris5000

see if they sell loaves of bread.

our local greggs now has a posh artisan bakery next door. We asked yesterday if it had hit trade and they said ‘oh no, we haven’t sold bread in here for ages – no-one was buying it so we sacked it off’.

I hadn’t even noticed…

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Do they do a salad?

Yes.

I’m waiting for my hair to be cut, takes less than 5 minutes but I’m in a queue, then I’m off to Greggs.

It wasn’t my original plan but you’ve put the idea in my head.

khani

They’ve changed man, I went in one last week (first time in years) and they’ve changed the recipe on everything, it all tastes like shit now and the pastrys just crap!
    Except the cheese and onion pastys, which taste like cheesy shit mixed with sick wrapped in crap pastry..

Premier Icon Yak
    Subscriber

None of that.
    But seeing pies makes me hungry for this:

But I would go for 2 pies/ 1 mash. Y’know, for athletic reasons ๐Ÿ˜‰

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Subscriber

Is that the weird eel shit that cockneys eat?

plyphon

Except the cheese and onion pastys which taste like cheesy shit mixed with sick..

Oooh, fancy.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

I would tell you, but saying it out loud fills me with shame. At least if I go in on my own the cashier assumes I’m buying for a rugby team…

brakes

steak bake, the conase connoiseu posh choice

Ro5ey

Nah … thats pie n mash with liquor

These are Jellied eels….

and they are rank last time i tried them, my mum loves them mind.

I prefer 1/2 pint of cockles n winkles

Premier Icon benp1
    Subscriber

A pack of 4 for 3 sausage rolls is always a good snack. Full of cycling energy that is

my last trip to Greggs was a couple of weeks back in Ambleside. We had 4 sausage rolls (kids loved them!), jam donut, chocolate donut, chocolate cookie and some pink thing for my daughter. Good snack that

khani

Liquors just watery parsley sauce and also minging..
    There’s a pie, mash and liquor and jellied eel cafe just opened near us (Willibickey high st) and they do home delivery, apparently they’re doing a roaring trade, ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Premier Icon Yak
    Subscriber

Liquors just watery parsley sauce and also minging..

tourists can get gravy instead.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Ton turd roll please.

Premier Icon bigdean
    Subscriber

Last one i went in did bacon wrapped in cheese baked in a pastry wrap ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
    More addictive than 50p morrisons dough noughts.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

At the risk of being controversial: Binners, where do you stand on Oddie’s?

Premier Icon Yak
    Subscriber

Alas – I am nowhere near any kind of pie establishment now. I used to work round the corner from here though:

An egg buttie will have to do instead.

Premier Icon fatmax
    Subscriber

One of the lads we bike with always brings everyone a steak bake for post-ride nourishment!
    I’ll hang fire until the Christmas festive bakes are available though, thanks for offering. Turkey, bacon, cranberry, stuffing…mmm

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Ton turd roll please.

Can I have mine on sourdough with watercress and radishes please? ๐Ÿ™‚

milky1980

A 4 pack of sausage rolls and one of their lovely white chocolate cookies please ๐Ÿ˜€

Marin

Just left a trolley full of shopping at Asda checkout due to complete lack of staff and all automated checkouts going wrong. Lost my pound and lunch break. Supermarket rage.

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

Cougar – Moderator

Can we all join in on this?

The one at Pike Hill just round the corner is brilliant, if you get there early doors.
    Try the Sad Cakes, spot on.
    Very disappointing pasties though and the butties are a bit pricey.
    Nice custards.

The one in Tod is a bit up itself.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

The purveyors of pastry-based lovliness? I’m just going to pop in now. Its a branch I’ve never been in before. So it’s part of my nationwide Greggs tour. It’s all frightfully exciting! ๐Ÿ™‚

think I’ll go for a cheese and onion pasty and a sausage roll chaser. That’s, like, almost the vegetarian option

What do you fancy then?

Shout up! ๐Ÿ˜€

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Well that was great! I’m sure Greggs cheese and onion pasties contain drugs. Though possibly not cheese. And can occasionally have filling that is hotter than the surface of the sun

Cougar – Moderator

I’ve got to admit to being a bit underwhelmed. I expected better from somewhere with Olde Worlde signage instead of 4 orange squares. They’re certainly no Greenhalghs when it comes to cheese and onion pasties, which is the benchmark of any bakery

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

As a veggie who is allergic to cheese, Oddie’s are purveyors of comestibles I can actually eat. I’m quite partial to their potato pastie, and their butter pies are pretty decent (but a distant second to the mighty Clayton Park offering).

Best thing from Greenhalgh’s is their spicy vegetable soup, if they still do it? It’s like curry you can drink, what’s not to like!

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

And can occasionally have filling that is hotter than the surface of the sun

Thought that was banned ’cause of the VAT man?

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

The pasty tax was overturned after it caused rioting throughout the country and threatened to bring down the government

I’m liking the sound of Greenhalgh’s spicy vegetable soup

Mr Woppit

No thanks I’d rather have food.

Premier Icon neil the wheel
    Subscriber

As a general point…if one buys a pasty in a wrapper, it must specify the meat content. If one buys a pasty loose, as it were, it is not legally required that the vendor disclose the meat content. Would anyone care to speculate which will contain the lower proportion of meat, and of what quality that might be?

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Steak Bake and a Custard Doughnut please.
    Lovely.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Inspired by this thread, I went to Oddie’s at lunch. They’d no pies or pasties left! How can a bakery run out of baked goods!

trail_rat

Im in charles de gaulle terminal 2e gate l – the satelite one which has teh square route of **** all to eat .

A greggs would be lovely right now as it wouldnt be 10quid a sandwich haha

cheekyboy

Just left a trolley full of shopping at Asda checkout due to complete lack of staff and all automated checkouts going wrong. Lost my pound and lunch break. Supermarket rage.

Pasty deficiency, head to Greggs !

Good luck ๐Ÿ˜‰

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

Cougar – Moderator
    Inspired by this thread, I went to Oddie’s at lunch. They’d no pies or pasties left! How can a bakery run out of baked goods!

I did warn you….

The one at Pike Hill just round the corner is brilliant, if you get there early doors.

Nothing worse than staring at the empty shelves where the delicious pies used to be……

I’ve just been to Ali’s in Stevenson Square in Smallbridge – two of his mum’s huge home made samosas, ยฃ1.60.

I’m as full as a mop.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Queue was huge at my local one I guess they seen Binners thread. I made do with Brie and crackers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.