Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Righto – Pentlands ride Sunday 8th November
  • AlasdairMc

I might just bring my SS as well if that's how it's going to be. I'll play my "too steep to singlespeed" card on Beech Avenue and Castlelaw.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Just a chance I'll be along if I wake early enough

robgarrioch

I don't own a single-speed, but promise to only use 1 gear at a time 🙂

True to form my 2 niche-riders have pulled out (already!) so it's just Mr. Monk to take on in the s'speed league!

TJ – do you have anyones number in case?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kit
    Free Member

TJ – I'm planning to meet PaulGillespie at 9am at St. Bernard's Well on the WOL, if you're riding up. Drop me an email if you want my number to yay or nay tomorrow morning.

Kit

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ta but I don't have a mobile phone so not much point in having someones number. I'll be on time if I am going to get there. Harlaw 10 am – ranger station (or car park?)

come to think of it I don't have a watch either. Oh well.

GlenMore
    Free Member

Are you not supposed to be rocking up to Rodney St at 10am?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thats for a road ride – a very poor second – ( but an hour closer to home to the start point)

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Room for one more late comer? It would be good to meet a few more faces.

I'll be coming up canal -> WOL so i'll send Kit an email and try and work out where to meet.

Kit
    Free Member

TJ – Rangers Station.

V8 – sure, always room for more!

Smee
    Free Member

I may also turn up. But dont wait on me.

Kit
    Free Member

But dont wait on me.

We'll keep an eye out for the cloud of dust etc etc 😉 Might see you tomorrow then George.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Kit, see you at the well 9am.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Didn't cross paths with the STW group in the end but it was a lovely morning to be out in the Pentlands:

robgarrioch

Was past morning when we got that far Steve, but a fine, muddy ride was enjoyed by 7 of us + 1 guest assimilated into the collective en route. Shame drainage wasn't high on the Harlaw road re-surfacing work…

A few of the pics I got (D'OH! left the date stamp on after using it at work…)

Ians reaction to learning of geared bikes, with front suspension, was a little worrying

A new challenge has arisen:

Capt. 'Lowside' Kit in a rare rubber-side-down moment 🙂

Obligatory 'Gladiator' homage shot;

Many more here. If anyone wants full size copies, give me a shout – will crop out the date too!
    Good ride + fine weather, the ultimate combination!

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

thanks for a great day out guys, these are the shots from my phone.

cheers
    Mark

ojom
    Free Member

our ride did not disappoint either.

'Luca's Toffe Fudgey Wudgey please good ice cream serving lady!' was the call.

(Thanks to Glen for the pic)

Kit
    Free Member

Ace photos guys!

Capt. 'Lowside' Kit in a rare rubber-side-down moment

Cheeky bastard! I only fell off twice… 🙄

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Rob, you have some brilliant shots there. Can i get larger size copies? I guess they are beyond email, do you have somewhere i can download them from?
    I love the 'gladiator' shot, that section of the pentlands is really distinctive.

robgarrioch

Capt. 'Lowside' Kit

Digging my own grave there – shan't expect sympathy for my next tumble 😈

Thanks Mark – I'm not entirely sure, but you should be able to download from my Flickr Photostream – click the photo, then 'all sizes' above it, & it should come up with an option to download / save (above the pic, again).
    If not, it's no bother at all to e-mail, can crop the date-stamp out too if you've not got the software.

DrT
    Free Member

Looks like a good ride. I had hoped to join you all today but circumstances colluded against me. Weather was lovely too, was only a teensy bit jealous.

robgarrioch

Another pic for interest, GPS profile, not including W.o.L. extra miles. Not got to grips with it yet so apologies for no info., but the figures are:
    – 29.95km
    – 13.58km ascent; 13.27km descent (?), 3.18km level

(I know, it doesn't all add up – bl00dy technology!)

Kit
    Free Member

I thought I posted something up earlier, was I imagining it or did it get deleted by the mods? 😕

If anyone's interested I'm considering organising a Christmas/Hogmanay Pentlands ride followed by a post-ride drink/night out. Will guage interest nearer the time, although the idea might die on its arse of course…

GlenMore
    Free Member

Ride to Flotterstone, get pished, and ride back? That could be fun.

Kit
    Free Member

Puke Hill, anyone?

Northwind

That was good, cheers for putting it together!

Oh, and apologies for this but it's the law, I have to post these things…

I don't think I got either of Kit's, therefore they didn't happen 😉

Northwind

Just stuck up another wee video, of the descent down from the side of Scald Law to Green Cleugh. Not very interesting this one as there's nobody in shot, just me, mincing… But if anyone wants to see it, here it is

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Oh boy. thanks for that andrew… some would say it is the perfect advert for not wearing SPDs.
    I think that is the first time I have been filmed on my bike, it should give everyone a laugh! It can only get better. 🙂
    Mark

robgarrioch

Christmas/Hogmanay Pentlands ride followed by a post-ride drink/night out

💡 Sounds like another winner Kit, hopefully I'll be around for that (always travelling well south -> well north over the hols, but planning to have a bit more r+r in embra this time)

p.s. Kudos to Mr. D for days best Schwarzenegger impression!?

^^^ WTF?! Now that's turned a frown upside down!

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Great ride! Nice fall Mark! Was totally knackered yesterday by the time I got home to my beer and steak pie! fell asleep on the couch in the middle of Die Hard 4.0!

Kit, I would be up for a Xmas/Hogmanay ride/night out. It's a busy time for me during that period but If I can make it I will.

Kit
    Free Member

Oh I chuckled at Mark falling off 😆 Bit of a comedy fall!

And Northwind, didn't realise that was you with Alasdair. Was I calling you Mark yesterday too? Oops, sorry!

robgarrioch

Anyone'd think that was set-up, the way you shrugged that off Mark. A good flavour of the group camaraderie, the way we leapt to your aid… 😀

Good vids NW – Scald Law (Lovers Loup?) seemed rather steeper than it looks there, or was it just me?

Northwind

Kit, if you did, I didn't notice- don't worry about it, I have no idea who anyone was :mrgreen:

rob- yeah, it's a side effect of the helmet mount, it's so high that you lose any impression of speed, and since your head stays pretty steady you also lose any feeling of pitch/steepness, and it's like you're just floating serenely over a smooth flat path. Camera on the frame works far better but you're stuck with just the head-on view so it's not very good for group rides- it's nice to be able to pan around as you ride. I like handlebar mounts, it makes everything look crazily fast and chaotic, even when it's not 😉 I'll do it again next time I'm out with a frame mount maybe.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Righto – Pentlands ride Sunday 8th November’ is closed to new replies.