Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Right then by Popular Demand- 'Winter Festival' London Pootle and Drinks
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

i’m not staying at home even if it is snowing. it’ll be fine. 🙂

wingnuts

Hope it’s on, but as arriving by train from the wastelands of Milton Keynes need a decision by 9 as the bethnal green diversion has been cancelled and I’m under pressure not to come down! Not going to turn up as billy no mates and be crucified for not going shopping as well!

theflatboy
    Free Member

it’s on. 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s brightening up, and the cloud predictions are looking good; no rain forecast for tomoz.

Just scribbling down a provisional ‘route’. Trying to consider stuff like the legality of certain sections; think the Barbican might have restrictions for bikes, but hopefully we can avoid any Babylonian Intervention.

Will be a right one for taking pics. Bring cams!

Oh, and thenaughtyboy will probbly be riding down steps and stuff so make sure you get video evidence to hand over to CoL Plod. And hope a Big Man will be along to show him the error of his ways…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think I’ll come 🙂

I’ll be leaving from Victoria Station, and I’ll have to be there early to pick up my advance (Cheap!) ticket to get to Fareham, so I’ll be off about 4.30pm.

theflatboy
    Free Member

good skills. i’ll also bring a camera. and my best set of steps tyres. and some warm clothes!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep. I’m coming, just bought me train tikkit. 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

have a smashing ride/drinky boys and gals :):) sounds like good fun

Sue_W
    Free Member

Damn, can’t make it 🙁 Can’t get a lift from my sister’s to the station in Bedford, and don’t have a bike to cycle there.

Was looking forward to meeting folks, maybe another time.

Have fun!

deluded
    Free Member

but hopefully we can avoid any Babylonian Intervention.

Not going to happen now I’m afraid. I’ve made sure of that.

CCTV cameras will be buzzing, swiveling and zooming in & out on your motley bunch start to finish 😈

bullheart
    Free Member

Right then….

I’ll be there, but not until one-ish, so I’ll have to liaise with the elf to work out where you all are going to be. Looking forward to it though!

BH

TiRed

Afraid I won’t be able to come – plane to catch. Sue_W won’t see the niche 20er either. Another time?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Damn, can’t make it

(Is too upset. Locks self in bedroom, sobbing uncontrollably) 😥

Oh whell.

So, for those still bothering to want to turn up :roll:, it’s eleven o’ clock ay emm, on Saturday the seventeenth of December two thousand and eleven.

11.00am Sat 17.12.11

Don’t pee about being late; it”l be bloody cold and people don’t want to be hanging about for ages waiting for the stragglers.

Post below might be helpful for numbers involved.

Bully, ‘phone me, innit? We may be in Wapping about that time.

Right. Early to bed for to be nice and fresh tomoz. 😀

Karinofnine

It’s frosty, dry and star-lit here – I am assuming a go situation for the ride. See you at 11am.

wingnuts

On the train in 15. Colder than a cold thing!

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’m definitely coming. leaving home in an hour and a bit. if anyone turns up and wants to join after we’ve gone, call me on:

(nobody harvest my number for spam, please. 🙂 )

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

IT’S ON! 😀

Bright and sunny here, but bloody cold, I’d expect. Temps not much above freezing.

Yep, just popped me head out on the balcony and it’s actually minus forty or something. Proper taters.

Winter drawers on….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We might get an early shower. It snowed in Farnborough about an hour ago and it’s heading east. Nowt to worry about.
    I’m on the train. Waterloo ETA 10.34hrs, so I should be bang on time. 🙂

flap_jack
    Free Member

I can recommend the Winter Warmer at the Founder’s Arms. 6 pints of it last night and it was a very wobbly ride back…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So – how many arrests after an encounter with the “babylonians”

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ow.

I met up with a group of men from the internet, to go for a bike ride, and now my bottom hurts. 😥

theflatboy
    Free Member

haha, but what a video it will make. 😆

just got in, good times chaps. no arrests but two moderate crashes and a mechanical all in. got some riding in and also serious food and pints. enlightening pub talk as well. 🙂

wingnuts

On the train to the northern wastes and am the warmest have been all day. Not a you tube moment but I own up to falling off at 2 mph on the flattest piece of … Cough ..pavement we rode on all day. The choppers, foot soldiers were out in force early on but they gave up the chase quite soon. It was only thee boaty babalonians who kept trying.

Nice to meet you all. Hope the botty heals soon Elf!

bullheart
    Free Member

I very much enjoyed the beer, meeting new people, and riding approximately 2.2 miles.

Note to self: when riding your fixed bike miles from home, remembering a 15mm spanner will help if you get a puncture.

In the first two miles.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m not quite sure if I’m meant to be taking these painkillers, what I got from me neighbour, with alcohol, but I’m quite pleasantly surprised at the effects. 🙂

In spite of the low turnout ( I suspect some may have bin put off by that annoying early rain; I had a ‘word’, it stopped…), we had a great little Pootle, and I right enjoyed that. It was how a Pootle’s meant to be; relaxing, enjoyable, informative, stimulating, fun.

Sometimes, it’s not about the distance, it’s about where you’ve bin and who with.
    I proper enjoyed that.

Apart from the hurty bottom thing. 😥

theflatboy
    Free Member

collectively we definitely resolved the “what tyres for rainy London” question. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

**Feeling smug**

I have, err, a video of how 5 men went to London, and one left with a sore bottom.

YouTube here we come!!!

theflatboy
    Free Member

😆

it probably deserves its own thread, as a lot of people are ignoring this one by now. 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

**presses PLAY for the 56th time**

Ohh that’s gotta hurt….. 😯

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

I’m not quite sure if I’m meant to be taking these painkillers, what I got from me neighbour, with alcohol, but I’m quite pleasantly surprised at the effects.

what are they? And you shouldn’t take someone else’s drugs you naughty boy

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m still on the train, when I get a wireless connection I’ll do the necessary.

I still reckon there’s £250 in this from YBF…,.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I have recieved a polite request to remain silent so the vid will not be posted.

theflatboy
    Free Member

that is disappointing news 🙁

😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sorry. I promised.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

We want the vid.

!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Who owns the pink tandem BTW?

theflatboy
    Free Member

The vid should indeed be posted – all harmless entertainment. However, it’s out of my hands! The tandem was locked up en route, I took a shine to it. 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No vids. Soz but that’s how it is.

Quite sore this morning. My whole pelvis has taken quite a jolt. No bruising at all, save for a couple of faint red marks. Quite disappointed really.

Sorry for having to duck out early, but I just coon’t face riding much further, and needed to get back in the warm to rest up.

Taking those painkillers was NOT a good idea. 😯 Nice and floaty at first, but then it all went a bit dark and paranoid and really not nice at all. Definitely not something to mix with alcohol. Ooh no. 😥 Got them off a neighbour a while ago; he had some left for something, gave me a few cos I’d done meself in playing footy or something can’t remember now. They’re fine on their own, bit ‘spacey’. I think I might get rid of them now actually.

The ride itself was great fun. We only did about 7 or 8 miles! 😆 Great little route though shame about some of the stuff closed on weekends though. 🙁 And how good was the cafe, eh? 😉

Bullheart has to win the prize for ‘Crappest Pootler Ever’. Bought an unsuitable bike, had a puncture within 400m of us meeting him, din’t bring suitable tools to fix it, walked more than he rode. 🙄

Oh, and what’s that we think of to get ourselves up that impossibly steep hill? 😉

Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Right then by Popular Demand- 'Winter Festival' London Pootle and Drinks’ is closed to new replies.