Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Right. I'm off to my yoga class…
  • Jamie
    Free Member

…now there’s something I never thought I would be saying, if you had asked me several years ago.

Anyone else have hobbies/pastimes that their past versions would be like…erm..whut?

Namaste 8)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

cycling on the road, not on a mountain bike and not to get to a trail

Markie
    Free Member

Gardening and DIY (including shed building!). I would have gently mocked me!

nedrapier

A mate of mine got a few of us together for Friday morning sessions with a woman he’d been recommended, to take the sting out the the private session cost.

It’s pretty good. But I found out recently that what we’re doing is “Broga”.

Oh dear.

yunki
    Free Member

Passing time on an internet forum.. The epitome of tragic

bencooper
    Free Member

Martial arts – never had any interest in it whatsoever, now I’m most of the way through black belt training…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Appearing in the background of TV news reports.

zokes
    Free Member

Living down under. That was quite unexpected!

_tom_
    Free Member

Road biking/actually being able to ride a bike all day if I want to. Lifting weights as well. Basically I was a fat slob before bikes 😆 I also work in tv, which as a media production student I never thought would actually happen – most of my course mates haven’t been so lucky!

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP enjoy it, it’s excellent and once you learn the positions it’s a great habit to get into, morning sun salutations. The more you put into it the more you’ll get out (much like anything) and it’s not all about “weird” headstands 😉

BTW the you’re going to “practice yoga”

euain

BTW the you’re going to “practice yoga”

Or practise it, if you’re being pedantic 😉

iainc

First day with my varifocals 🙂

benji
    Free Member

Finding on a friday evening, I’m looking forward to gardeners world, and then looking up the plants to buy for my garden.

Can recommend yoga, did my lower back wonders, used to feel battered at cross races not anymore.

fizzicist
    Free Member

I think being alive at 35 would have been a shock to my 17 year old self. Plan was to be a rock star and die horribly surrounded by groupies, fast cars and alcohol. If that failed I was going to be a sailing instructor and bum around on beaches.

I’m married, have 2 kids, live in the most middle class environment imaginable (Harrogate) and have an office job & ‘executive’ 4 door saloon.

My inner teenager is screaming at me. I hate myself for it. I hate that I enjoy it even more…

DezB
    Free Member

A few years ago I was a mountain biker on a Sunday morning… now I’m a rugby coach (well, starting tomorrow anyway). How the hell did that happen? I kept fit this summer by playing rugby (touch rugby, I’m not that mad), a sport I gave up when I was 14.
    That’s having kids for ya! 🙂

stumpy01

Gardening (including a greenhouse)
    Spending my weekend on DIY
    Road bike
    Driving a diesel and being more concerned about mpg than anything else (well, almost).

wallop

A penchant for real ale.

A love of estate cars.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I used to do tai chi (sp) I really enjoyed it, found the moves and elegance quite beautiful. Don’t do it now tho’ but MrsBouy and I will be off to yoga soon enough, as the nights draw in.

Jamie
    Free Member

I am still wondering when the real ale thing is going to kick in. As I feel like the odd one out when with my brother (40), brother in law (41) and dad (67), as they are all converts.

Currently, at 33, I am drinking this:

bearnecessities

Excellent choice – the Organic Suffolk is lovely too. 3 of them and I’m smashed.

To note, they do an excellent range of other products; their cider vinegar will pickle some onions just lovely-like.

Real-ale is nice, but only if you get the taste. More as a session thing though.

Anyone though can appreciate a good quality, crisp cider.

Jamie
    Free Member

Excellent choice – the Organic Suffolk is lovely too. 3 of them and I’m smashed.

Innit? I try to stick to the Suffolk Draught, as it’s 5.5%, so I can at least have a few before falling over. Tonight I only have the Premier Cru, tho….oh dear.

MoreCashThanDash

“A mate of mine got a few of us together for Friday morning sessions with a woman he’d been recommended, to take the sting out the the private session cost. “

That’s some friend! 8)

_tom_
    Free Member

I am still wondering when the real ale thing is going to kick in.

I drank it more at 18 than I do now at 24 :\ can’t stand it most of the time now, think I over did it one beer festival and ended up with the foulest shits of my life. Still like a Hobgoblin every now and then though, but (unfortunately?) it’s all spirits and a bit of lager for me now. I’m not a huge fan of beer in general any more – vodka does the job quicker, cheaper and on less calories 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

vodka does the job quicker, cheaper and on less calories

Drinking it neat then? 8)

ton

swinging. me and the wife have taken to it nicely. 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

Not neat but with pepsi max or similar 🙂 can’t stand full fat coke, just tastes like syrup.

Jamie
    Free Member

Not neat but with pepsi max or similar can’t stand full fat coke, just tastes like syrup.

Ah, I forgot. You are one of those paleo tree huggers, who thinks sugar is hiding around a corner waiting to mug them 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I thought it was the other diet that mugged you???

I’d also have to add I’m now entering races that don’t involve uplift, scary times

Jamie
    Free Member

I shouldn’t really be casting any aspersions. I ended up last night having a few glasses of Baileys 😯

_tom_
    Free Member

Haha I gave up on the low carb fad but I’m still avoiding all that sugar because it cant be good for you. And it makes my teeth feel like they have a sticky film over them (and I’ll leave you to make your own jokes with that last sentence).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

because the fake stuff is way better for you 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

Tbh I’d rather the fake stuff and sweeteners than a load of empty sugar calories.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

(I need to get back into yoga, but I digress…) my biggest shame at the moment, and I am dreadfully embarrassed by this, is my growing habit of ordering a cold pale draught refreshment instead it a warmish, dark version Aaargh, I have turned into a lager drinker!!!!! Ok, not the cheap crap like fosters or carling, but nonetheless a despicable trend.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have turned into a larger drinker!!!!!

Well, there are a lot of calories in alcohol…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sorry Jamie my cross-edit ruined your post!

Jamie
    Free Member

Win some, lose some 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In Brizzle, it’s pronounced as larger anyway. (Hard g of course)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

That’s a bit odd – soft ST in Bristol and hard G in lager? Anyway what are you doing in here DD – time for Sunday morning brick session.

_tom_
    Free Member

but nonetheless a despicable trend.

How so? If you enjoy it does it matter that you’re not drinking flat brown swill/real ale?

Jamie
    Free Member

time for Sunday morning brick session.

He’s already been for a poo, I imagine.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Right. I'm off to my yoga class…’ is closed to new replies.