Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rig failure – ideas for a replacement 29er in SS flavour
  • GDRS

My second (third?) hand GF rig has just cracked in the seat tube (just above the junction with the top tube). No issues there, as I have ragged it a bit, got it used from a marathon racer, who got it off someone else…..history obscured, buyer beware, could have been my clumsy self etc.

Now to the point: I loved it. I don’t think I am put off trying to find another frame. However, what else out there will ride like the Rig? Or what else am I missing out on?

Note: singular and On one’s have been test ridden at SSUKs etc so I have an idea – but I went Rig.

Thoughts? Love to hear ’em.

G

Jerome
    Free Member

salsa el mariachi or singular
    both very nice

sofaking
    Free Member

you cant go wrong with a singular . outstanding vfm

bol

Cotic Simple? The magnolia actually looks quite nice in real life. I know where there is an unbuilt medium one looking for a home.

trail_rat
    Free Member

As a fellow rig owner – i borrowed an el mariachi with a pretty normal build on for a weekend and thought my this is remarkably similar to ride to my rig – feels tight and planted without the wallowy feel some 29ers get …..

My ragley blew the rig out the water on that front and its languishing on my workbench needing tlc and new forks and drive train and rear wheel……

takisawa2

Arise SIR.9…

IMAG0420 by pten2106, on Flickr

Simply the best bike I’ve owned. Love it.

GDRS

Trail rat is your rig “eh hem” surpless to requirements? If
    so might I be able to re home…..

Do like the look of the sir 9……..

trail_rat
    Free Member

its surplus but i A cant bring my self to get rid -A it went through alot with me and B its suffering from terminal battle scaritus to its worth more to me just sitting on the wall – and like your current rig would probably fail as soon as i sold it to you !

It will be rebuilt to its former glory one day …..

GDRS

I had to ask…..

billyboy
    Free Member

A Gary Fisher bike breaks

ANOTHER Gary Fisher bike BREAKS

AGAIN

Should we be asking………

How many don’t break?

billyboy
    Free Member

Would that be a lesser number?

wwaswas

fisher steel frames seem to have a bit of a habit of snapping around the seat tube/TT/stay junctions.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rig failure – ideas for a replacement 29er in SS flavour’ is closed to new replies.