Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Riding/casual trousers.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Looking for some trousers for riding/hanging about in. Weatherproof but not waterproof would be good but quick drying would do so maybe soft shell. Like Ground Effect stuff but their trousers are pretty pricey and might have VAT etc to pay on top. Endura have plenty options but not been that impressed with Endura stuff in the past. CRC have some Shimano trousers for £33.99 has anybody got them?

ton

looking for some myself.
    surly have some good looking one due to be out soon.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Surly? Will they be £5 trousers with a £50+ Surly price tag on them? Not sure I’m trendy enough to wear Surly.

ton

regatta or craghoppers softshell then. 25 quid a pair. ideal for touring cos they don’t look too cyclist.

coastkid
    Free Member

Keela Scuffer,around £60 – £70 but..

On 3rd pair- never out lasted the first two 36″ waist pairs- standard and long leg, lost that much weight i went down a size to 34″

Gave the two 36″ pairs to friends and they are still going!

34″ long leg option are a year old now, shower proof if you squirt them down with a water repellant, i wear em for the commute, shop run, pub , beach riding etc…

Way better quality stitching than Endura.

Keela make the Scottish Mountain rescue kit along with a lot of military stuff. that speaks for itself.

Keela Scuffer

Del

ground effect stuff includes post and all import and has done for a few years now i think? check their site. good stuff IMO. if what they have suits you go for it. i have padded shorts that look like new but have been used for 5+ years and two tops that have been used less frequently but are of a similar vintage and are immaculate.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I checked the GE site and they confirm you may have to pay before Royal Mail will release your stuff, I have a couple of GE items and really like it. Will have a look at the Keela stuff.

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

They’re not just chinos, they’re M&S water resistant cycling chinos. They were mentioned either on here or road.cc.

And don’t know if these will actually cross over into cycling at all well, but Aldi are doing motorbike kit on 9 March including Kevlar jeans at £30 (may or may not be comfy/quick-drying/etc).

scotroutes

The Endura Singletrack trousers might be what you are after. One of the benefits is that you should be able to try them on locally.

kcal

I quite like my Endura Singletrack trousers, think they’re around the £50 mark? maybe a bit less/more.

They’re suitably tough looking, zip on lower leg – never used that – wear them for knocking about on bike, maybe doing cleaning / maintenance, soft wearing on inside..

Never had a problem with mine as regards quality…

drlex
    Free Member

Kevlar jeans? Are they laterally stiff, yet vertically compliant?
    (M&S chinos will fit a body that has minimal taper from seat to waist – went straight back for refund. Also disappointingly no gusset or seat reinforcement – you’d be better off with nikwax on a pair of Uniqlo trews.

loddrik
    Free Member

M&S trek trousers. Pretty much all I wear.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Try them on you say? Is that in case they’ve been wrongly labelled for size like my liner shorts were?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Riding/casual trousers.’ is closed to new replies.