Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 264 total)
  • riding Trout's Cutie
  • trout
    Free Member

Hi Chris

Yes for sure. send your address to Iain RC200f8 as he will be getting it after Stoney

stoney
    Free Member

Cheers Iain…i`ve responded. 😛

rc200f8
    Free Member

Having now done a couple of rides with Troutes Cutie I can confirm this light is bloody bright! On the 1st ride I had both the Cutie & my Liberator on the bars to carry out direct comparisons. For outright power the Lib can’t match the Cutie – this thing will dry out wet trails! My only critisism is that I felt the low setting was too low for my preferances, but this can probably programmed differently on thr driver. I liked the hood over the lens as it helps prevent you blinding yourself when you get out of the saddle. All in all I think Chris has got himself a winner with the Cutie.
    Sadly its all recharged & boxed up now & ready to post on to Stoney – enjoy!
    Thanks for the trial Chris.
    Iain.

PS – Cutie, liberator & diy 1800 on the head all on at the same time was fun!

stoney
    Free Member

Cheers Iain….

And thanks for pre charging it…..that`ll same me some time after work on Tuesday night….. 😛

On Sat night i was just messing arround with the Lib and Spider Eyes while out with the dog. The old railway is totally covered with trees just behind us and was a perfect “tunnel” to try them in. The Spider Eyes on Low was roughly like the Lib on Med. Gradually bringing the Lib up into the beam it would blend in with the Halo but the square spot was still clearly visable….Not so much witht the Lib on boost……..however,the SP is still on low 😯

With them both on boost……I honestly think you could just about drive a car with them… 😉

So with the Cutie and SP there must be at least 4000 lumens!!!!! 😯

I`ll give a report later in the week

rc200f8
    Free Member

It’s in the post Andy, should be with you tomorrow

stoney
    Free Member

😛

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Hi Mr trout is there any chance i can have a try of this light?
    cheers
    nige.

trout
    Free Member

Hi Milkybarkid

send Andy. (stoney) an address and He will send you the triple Xml Cutie hopefully if he can bear to part from it 😀
    as I think the Spidereyes is going to Chris wilks next .

toons
    Free Member

Chris, any chance I could try the spider eyes?

rc200f8
    Free Member

spidereyes should be coming to me next & I’m posting it on to Chris.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Cool cheers have sent him a mail.

toons
    Free Member

chriswilk?

Any chance I could get them after chriswilk?

trout
    Free Member

Man this is getting confusing

Please sort it out between you all and just keep me informed as to its location
    it should have its own facebook page wiTh stories of its travels 😆

stoney
    Free Member

No probs guys…

SP will be on its way to Iain on Monday and ill send the Cutie to MB Kid.

Prepare to be blinded you guys…… 😉

Im just busy decorating at the mo and ill give some more details later on.

FTAO Chris (Troutie) there could possibly be another development on your lights. On of our group works for M Sport…Yes, the world rally team 😛 and he took them to work on Friday to give them a go and see if they are any use to strap on the front of their cars for night stages.

I kid you not! that is how bright they are. 😯 I could honestly drive my van with the Cutie on its own….. 😉

Top Job mate! :mrgreen:

grtdkad

That will be an interesting evolution! I used to do a fair bit of rallying and the cost of top end lights is astronomical. They’re keen (obviously) to reduce weight and the amount if power drawn down for illumination.

chriswilk
    Free Member

Toons,
    I’ll pass the spider eyes on to you after I’ve had a look at it.
    I think it’s on it’s way to rc200f8 (Ian) now, then to me, so it will be a while.

cheers
    chris

toons
    Free Member

Thanks

neilWalts
    Free Member

Trout,

Is the Cutie still doing the rounds? If so, I’d really like to try it out. Thanks.

brassneck

That Cutie reminds me of the BFG.

As in Doom, not Dahl.

I like 🙂

Flashy
    Free Member

If these are still doing the rounds and it’s OK with Mr troute, I’d like to try ideally the Spider eyes or failing that Cutie.
    I’m in Bristol, currently my email address doesn’t appear to be in my profile, but I’ll try and fix that.
    I’m pete(AT)fixedbristol(DOT)org(DOT)uk
    Just the thing for night practice laps of tbe Bikefest course on the Pugsley, my “brill” lights from last year are nowhere near as good as the new trails dictate.
    Cheers

trout
    Free Member

I think Chriswilk has the spidereye at the moment then I guess it will make the trip to toons so Flashy if you send an email to Toons for next dibbs on the spidereyes .
    will have to have a look at your Pug too next time I visit the inlaws.

the Cutie seems to have settled in Thetford forest and is staying there for D2D

I will be getting my hands on the machined cases later this week and then need to get them anodised so hoping to have some available next week
    sadly they wont be Lazer etched as it still has no name yet and I am struggling to find a local lazer engravers .
    so Stealthy black the first batch will be

Flashy
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ve emailed James (Toons).

I’m still interested in buying a light but would appreciate some help on choosing the right one.

Bring a bike down (or I could find a lend) and I can introduce you to the new trails here. You’re very welcome to try the pug, if you fancy.

trout
    Free Member

Flashy would love a go on a pug round the bristol trails
    I dont think it will be this year when we next get down there though .
    some time after xmas .

I just got hold of the new cases tonight 😆
    so off to the anodisers tomorrow
    should have another demo ready next week

cooie

Chris, could I please have a go with the Cutie demo when it’s ready?
    Cheers
    Ian

trout
    Free Member

Yes sure thing Cooie

I had to build the first one up unanodised so I have a light to ride with

Flashy
    Free Member

Just let me know when you’re down next and we’ll arrange something…

I’m still looking to buy lights, I’ll drop you an email from home, after my evening Pugsley Ashton Court circuit……

RustyMac

That looks very tidy that does. I have to bow down to your far superior wisdom on the choice of bar clamp after me spouting off about it earlier in this tread 😉

karnali
    Free Member

trout

would love a demo of teh cutie i at all possible, not in big rush as new light is on the chrstmas list, jsut which one i’m not sure

ta

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Surely given the first post the name for the cutie has to be the bunny boiler

The spider’s eye lights look more like a mad monkey to me

tomglass20
    Free Member

hi been following this thread for a while when will the two lights be available? and how much will they be?

cheers

Tom

cooie

Thanks Chris, will mail you my address.

jere
    Free Member

Wow didn’t realise how small this light was until you posted the pics above

trout
    Free Member

Will get some better pics today as just back from the anodisers

Raindog
    Free Member

Nice !

trout
    Free Member

on the bike photos

bikeryder85
    Free Member

so when/where can we buy these? seen your posts on here b4 but never asked…look super tidy and clean!

anthonyb
    Free Member

Looking great trout!
    My old maxx d’s been sold, this is looking to be a serious contender for my next light methinks. 🙂

Any details on availability and price (ballpark same as liberator £?)

Id be very interested in having the chance to demo the cutie after its made its way throught the list of folks above.

trout
    Free Member

Thanks guys there are a few more details on the website

spacehopper

ooo that looks GORGEOUS in black with the silver front…!

are you just doing them as complete lights or is there any chance of just buying an empty housing?

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Chris that looks great! I thought it looked tight in silver, but in black..! And great decision leaving the front plate silver, looks really classy!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 264 total)

The topic ‘riding Trout's Cutie’ is closed to new replies.