Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 264 total)
  • riding Trout's Cutie
  • stoney
    Free Member

FTAO Scooper ❗

Could i plesae be next to borrow the Cutie? I can`t find any details for you. My e-mail is in profile.

Cheers……. 😛

trout
    Free Member

Hi Stoney
    afraid Scooper should be sending it to rc200f8 when he has finished
    but you can be next in line drop me your details and I will send them to Iain .

trout
    Free Member

Also could do with some name suggestions for this beauty as not sure cutie fits the awesome power

bol

Sun?

rOcKeTdOg

how about the Troute “phaser” in a Trekkie homage?

montylikesbeer

light sabre

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

I was lucky enough to have the spider before Rockedog, and can I just say its outstanding, I took it on a weekend bivi along the SDW and used it for riding late into the night and on the low setting it produced enough light for myself and my mate to ride along no problem. After using it for about an hour we set up camp and got into our sleeping bag, I was just dozing off when I looked across to see 2 massive green eye’s looking back at me, it done my head in for a bit until I remembered the ‘eyes’ glows in the dark after being used!! 😆

Luminous
    Free Member

The “Troutinator”

The “Trout star”

The “fishy tripple”

The “big triple”

I like thinking up new names. Might not be any good at it, but…

😀

benz
    Free Member

Pikeylighty….or simply Pike…

Being it will devour the dark….

trout
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions but but still looking at the moment

any more ??

jere
    Free Member

TT standing for Triple Trout

duntstick
    Free Member

Helios, Lumina, Titan, Apollo, Zeus too, he was a bit handy with lightening bolts

All related to God’s of light/sun so have that connection. You could do a series………….

Phaëton is good, he was the son of Helios who ended up setting the earth alight (Phaëton means ‘the shining’)

Edit…scrap that, ‘Wors’ below has a winner! 😆

wors

The penetrator 😯

woody2000

Sirius

scooper
    Free Member

Full Bream

montylikesbeer

The Codfather ……………………I’ll get my coat.

enveetee
    Free Member

TRUBL (Trouties Really Useful Bicycle Light)

juan
    Free Member

The rocco…

mboy
    Free Member

Trout, when will the cutie be available to buy in either kit form or fully built?

And are either the spider eyes, or the half spider eyes, likely to make it into production at all?

trout
    Free Member

Mboy
    going to see the machinist tonight with the hope he will have some done for when I get back from holiday
    on 19 sept then to the anodisers. so hoping for late september.
    I have everything in stock except the housings .

Some pretty funny ones coming along 😀

could be boring and go liberator 4

mboy
    Free Member

Excellent, glad to hear it. Will email you for more details, but you can pencil me in for one…

IMO liberator 4 wouldn’t be right, as it’s a totally different unit not an evolution of the lib.

How about the “BAMF” (watch Pulp Fiction, the scene in the cafe where Samuel L Jackson asks for his wallet back, you’ll get me), or possibly the “Tickler” (in reference to how Trout can be tickled into a trance like state, the same way anybody who looks at this light will suddenly enter a trance like state!). Or there’s the “Hydra” (triple barrelled shotgun from the game Resident Evil), or perhaps just “Magnum” in reference to one of the most powerful handguns ever made.

bol

Retinator

One that terminates retinas..?

yunki
    Free Member

maybe it should be the Troutie onward or ’77 ..?

Rockape
    Free Member

How about Midnight Sun, Hi Trout have you any thoughts on price for the spider eye. Will it hit production or possibly a DIY kit?

trout
    Free Member

Liking Magnum you dont want to be looking down the barrel of either

the optimist Trout says ready by the end of Sept

the machine shop says maybe

Rockape
    I only have lenses for 22 spider eyes and need to get the design sorted
    so cant see any this side of christmas sadly as it is a cracker

Rockape
    Free Member

Thanks Trout nice looking light! Would love one of those. Please keep us posted on their progress.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

“Photon Cannon”

“Stub Gun” (2000 A.D. reference there…..look it up)

stoney
    Free Member

Hi Chris,

e-mail sent with details!. I was hoping to try both at the same time (for some REAL insane light action) 😯

Please let me know if that`s possible?

Cheers 😛

stoney
    Free Member

BTW…..Some good names coming here, id thought of Little Venus...cos its the second brightest thing in the night`s sky.

(not including the moon of course!)

😉

rc200f8
    Free Member

Trout ‘Dominator’
    Trout ‘Interceptor’
    Can’t wait to test them!

scooper
    Free Member

Just finished a test of the Cutie, measured against my current Lumicycle HID setup. In a nutshell the Cutie on low setting was as bright as the Lumi but with a better spread of light. The medium setting is much brighter and would certainly be all you really need. However, on bright/boost setting it is fantastic. So much light. Also with LEDs the light is instant compared to the delay with the HID. Overall size and weight of the lamp was about the same.

For sale, Lumicycle HID, good condition etc etc !

rc200f8
    Free Member

Received Trouts prototype cutie today to test – thanks scooper. First impression was that it’s smaller than it looks in the pictures & sits quite ‘tall’ on the bars, but then I am used to the low profile of my Liberator. I waited until it got dark to do a ‘garden’ test & shine it out accross the field behind my house. I thought it would have a tough time to outshine the Lib as this is the best light I’ve seen. Not sure if my Lib has still got the low & medium levels set as Chris sent it out – I think its now set to levels 3,4&5. On low my Lib is cosiderably brighter than the cutie, on medium they appear similar, but on high the cutie outperforms the Lib by quite a margin. I thought the Lib would have a much better spread of light but it doesn’t appear to be any different, but the cutie has more ‘punch’ & a better throw.
    Should get a proper test tomorrow night so long as its not raining too hard – might not be very popular if I’m not riding at the front though!

fisha
    Free Member

Looks like its going to be a great light.

But i’m really holding out for a spider eye … even if it is after christmas.

rc200f8
    Free Member

Yeah, I can’t wait to try the spidereyes, I’ve got it coming to me to test at some time, problem is I really don’t need any more light with the Lib on the bars & Trouties 1800 diy light on my head, but I’ve got that ‘want’ thing going on!

trout
    Free Member

Iain The Spidereyes is with Stoney who you are sending the Cutie to when you are done .
    Stoney wanted to try both together 😯 so pop him your address when you send out the light for him to send you the spidereyes .

Getting quite well traveled these lights 😀

Mugboo

Chris

Did you get anywhere with those Fireballs that my missus dropped off?

Cheers Jason

Mugboo@gmail.com

trout
    Free Member

Hi Jason

Yes I can do something but have been forgetfull sorry .
    will get on it when I get back from hols

chriswilk
    Free Member

Hi Chris,

fancy sending the spider eyes up to Edinburgh for a measure and a ride?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Hydras good for a name…

rc200f8
    Free Member

mail sent Stoney

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 264 total)

The topic ‘riding Trout's Cutie’ is closed to new replies.