Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Riding south of Stratford-Upon-Avon
  • flyingmonkeycorps

We’re at a family thing at a place called Ettington Park Hotel in the middle of July – big meal on Saturday night, stay over, breakfast on Sunday then afternoon tea in the, erm, afternoon. I figure there’s probably going to be two or three hours free after breakfast and I’ll have my bike in the car anyway so it’d be good to squeeze a bit of a ride in if I can. Basically, I’ll need to escape.

Is there much riding around there? From the hotel would be ideal (even if it’s farm tracks and back roads) but I could possibly drive a bit for something more interesting – looks like it’s not far to the top end of the Cotswolds?

shansen
    Free Member

Hi there

I live nearby. There is a few little routes over the cotsworlds area which I found in the below link.

http://www.maverick.uk.com/home/six-best-north-cotswold-mountain-bike-rides/

I’ve done the Blockley and Snowshill one. They are enjoyable but not anything special. Also check out Breedon Hill as that is quite fun.

Interested to find anymore!

Hope this helps

Sam

flyingmonkeycorps

Ah those look pretty much ideal. Route 1 is only a 20 minute drive from the hotel too, so I should be able to nip out, put a quick lap in and get back without getting into too much trouble with MrsMonkey.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Riding south of Stratford-Upon-Avon’ is closed to new replies.