Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Riding near Keswick tomorrow
  • tmb467
    Free Member

It’s gonna p!ss down so what’s worth riding in the wet and with a 2-3 hr limit

scaredypants

are you sure ? – it pretty much never rains up there 😕

TomB

All the riding is pretty weatherproof, so usual suspects- bash, back of skiddaw etc. Whinlatter has a lot of tree cover if it’s really pissing down.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Keswick-castlerigg-walla crag-ashness bridge-watendlath-rosthwaite-grange-bottom of cat bells bridleway-braithwaite-portinscale-keswick.

Pretty much the bash (and cheeky bits) without castle crag, which is pretty pish anyway.

Enjoy, I love that area.

tmb467
    Free Member

That last one looks right – cheers nbitf

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cafe in rosthwaite is brilliant too btw, well worth a visit.

tmb467
    Free Member

Nice – we had the joys of Hawkshead Brewery today.

colournoise

I quite like the Castle Crag descent…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I used to, but now don’t. It’s like garburn down into kentmere, wide and loose, more a test of your tyres/punctures. gimme the descent into rosthwaite anytime, engaging and a bit more work.

colournoise

Oh yeah, prefer the Rosthwaite descent (apart from the big rock step bit that I can never clean) but still like the loose rocks on Castle Crag too.

Bearing in mind I’m from pretty much the least rocky, least hilly bit of the UK. Anything that’s a change from my usual diet of wooded, rooty, muddy, twisty singletrack is more than welcome.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Keswick tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.