Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Riding near Hemmingfield/Wombwell (South Barnsley)
  • mwleeds

I’m spending christmas over in Hemingfield. Does anyone know of any worthwile riding around there? I usually just drive to Wharncliffe (15mins away by car), but I’d like to try to find some trails that I can ride from the door. Wombwell woods looked promising as I rode past on the road bike a few weeks ago. Is it worth an explore?

compositepro
    Free Member

Theres elsecar woods or wombwell woods ,i spent most of my childhood bmxing and razzing the mtb round if you go through elsecar you can get to high green wood then all the way to wharncliffe offroad
    If you go through wombwell wood you can get all the way to cut gate off road via the railway lines and silkstone wood in barnsley.
    Just avoid the weirdos in wombwell wood if it drops dark…seriously they congregate in groups and tell you “should have some lights on that cocka” strange but true (wtf they are doing hanging about in the pitch black is beyond me)

Tracey

You can get on the trails by the side of the Elephant and Castle which then joins the Trans Pennine Trail. If you want to mess about there is a track in Brampton rec

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Hemmingfield/Wombwell (South Barnsley)’ is closed to new replies.