Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Riding Near Gloucester?
  • chevychase

What ho.   I’m being forced to go to a wedding this weekend near Gloucester.  Stopping near a place called Birdlip, so I’ve made it conditional on us going for a ride on the Sunday.

What’s good in the area?  Got a couple of friends meeting us from Bristol, so don’t want to go to far – and have to come back oop’ north in the evening…

Any locals about with good knowledge of places with a bit of elevation / interesting trails? 🙂

russyh
    Free Member

Birdlip is the top of the A417 project hill! So you could always pop along there.  It’s also next to Cranham and painswick which is Ok, albeit local knowledge is ideally needed oh and FOD is only 35 mins away too

grtdkad

35 miles to the Malvern Hills too for XC

But for uplift fun you’re at a bike destination by all accounts @417

chevychase

That 417 project looks like fun, but the people I’m riding with aren’t there yet I don’t think.  It’ll have to be more xc action. Malverns might be a goer tho. Ta 🙂

Anyone got any .gpx’s?

ajantom

You’re only a few miles from Dursley and North Nibley. Miles of ace trails around there, from nice woody singletrack to DH stuff.

peteimpreza

There are loads of trails from Birdlip , get on Strava and have a look for segments with the name Racetrack to give you a clue.

i am not around this weekend or I would have offered to show you around.

doomanic

I can do you a GPX of Sunday’s FoD ride. Starting at Pedalabikeaway it heads over to Dowies and Shutcastle.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Loads in the woods between Cranham and Birdlip. Check strava.

Depends what sort of riding you want.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

If you are at Birdlip good trails at the back of The Royal George pub across to Leckhampton Hill above Cheltenham or go the other way into Cranham woods which is just up the road from the pub and go onto Painswick Beacon lovely views up there trails are dry at present been through Birdlip wood earlier today on a cross bike very dry.

IHN

That 417 project looks like fun, but the people I’m riding with aren’t there yet I don’t think.  It’ll have to be more xc action. Malverns might be a goer tho.

If you’re after XC countryside bimbling, you’d be mad to drive to the Malverns, there’s loads from Birdlip. I might be around Sunday and could potentially show you around, what kinda time?

Speeder

XC countryside bimbling, you’d be mad to drive to the Malverns, there’s loads from Birdlip

+1 check out Strava – there’s loads of nice riding from Birdlip down to Painswick.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Riding Near Gloucester?’ is closed to new replies.