Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Riding near Fuengirola – take bike or hire one?
  • KevinPP
    Free Member

Off to visit the inlaws in October and this time I’d like to ride at least once(twice if I can get away with it).
    I don’t mind whether I go off or on the road, but the bro-in-law has quite a few road rides logged on Garmin Connect around the area so I can just download and follow them.
    The question is do I pay to take a bike with me, which seems a bit much if I’m only going to ride it once or twice, or does anyone know of somewhere around Fuengirola/La Cala that hires decent bikes for a day or two?

KevinPP
    Free Member

Anyone…?

tonyd

Switchbacks have got a downhill site nearby somewhere and will most likely have bikes you can hire. They also do XC stuff further out in the mountains but it’s a good 2 hours drive from Fuengirola. Road riding looks great out there, no idea where to hire road bikes though. Mike at switchbacks is a top bloke and could probably point you in the right direction.

bhmartin
    Free Member

There is a place in Marbella-about half an hour along the coast-www.marbellarentabike.com but don’t know of anyone in Fuengi.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Sierra Cycling hire bikes from Fuengi

I’m out next week but taking the road bike this year. Any chance you can mail the road GPX routes?

Trekster

MountainMutant – Member
    Sierra Cycling hire bikes from Fuengi

Done this twice inc uplift and guide 😆

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Based in Fuengirola we do bike hire and day trips with uplift to make the most of your days biking.

http://www.sierracycling.com for more information.

KevinPP
    Free Member

Thanks all. Erring towards taking the road bike now. I have found a place called Williams Bicycles who hire out, waiting to hear what they have but it’s looking to be about the same to hire as to take my bike. And then at least I can choose which day I go and maybe sneak in an extra ride. Or two…
    MountainMutant – I don’t have them yet. I will speak to the bro-in-law and see if I can get them.
    alan-sierracycling – thanks for the info. My 50th is coming up in a year and have already decided to do a weeks MTB around the area so I will be in touch…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Fuengirola – take bike or hire one?’ is closed to new replies.