Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Riding near Dalgety Bay, Fife coast.
  • paul4stones

I’ve got a day on Sunday to explore a bit while my son sails at Dalgety Bay. Is there anywhere especially nice to go? Is it worth just pottering along the coast? East or west?
    I’ll be on my adventure/gnarmac bike so up for anything (but not sure which wheel size to take 😉 )

Thanks for advice and suggestions.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah, the coastal path is good fun on a CX bike. Cycle round to the bridges via Inverkeithing – you could divert by Letham Hill which has a nice trail, in either direction. Nice descent towards the coast – lovely on a CX bike. There are some gnarlier trails at the Braefoot Plantation to the east of Dalgety Bay. Lots of jumps but there’s a bit of flatter stuff and it’s worth an explore to check out some of the old pill boxes and second world war stuff.

bigmandh
    Free Member

Yeah the coastal path from inverkeithing along the beach at north queensferry is good and brings you out right under the rail bridge. In the other direction it’s nice but mostly paved along to aberdour but the path between aberdour and burntisland is better for a bit of gravel under the wheels. Shared paths both ways though so will come across plenty of folk out dog walking though.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep – a bell is mandatory in my experience.

opusone
    Free Member

paul4stones

So that’s two votes for heading west? Must dig out my bell 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Dalgety Bay, Fife coast.’ is closed to new replies.