Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Riding in Wales
  • jamiemcf

Work are taking me to the Newport / Sudbrook area for a week of lookng at manky tunnels.
    What is the current state of play with going a ride in the evening as a non local? or am i required to lock myself in a premier inn room all night?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Lockdown is over. So as far as I know you can do what you want.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep, as long as you’ve got a legitimate reason to come into Wales in the first place, have at it.

All the trail centres and Bike Parks are open. You can meet up to 3 other people outdoors if you like, you can even go to the pub with them after, but you’ll need to pre-book.

jamiemcf

Perfect.. thanks for that.

dove1

Coming to work here is a ‘reasonable excuse’ for entering Wales. If you are lodging here then my understanding is that you are effectively a ‘local’ and can undertake any activity in line with current regulations and guidance.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Coming to work here is a ‘reasonable excuse’ for entering Wales. If you are lodging here then my understanding is that you are effectively a ‘local’ and can undertake any activity in line with current regulations and guidance.

That’s certainly my understanding. Well, being Pedantic, it’s a reasonable excuse for someone in England to travel anywhere. Our rules stop us entering England during their lockdown, England’s lockdown rules stop them travelling at all. Coz Boris didn’t want to be seen to legitimise any devolved Nation’s lockdown, until he decided England needed one.

jamiemcf

So what about if I’m heading home from Wales to Scotland, am I allowed to stop in Englandshire for a ride?

cloggy

Barnard Castle is about halfway.

vmgscot

Give the Athertons and Danny McKaskill a ring – they seemed to enjoy a big old group ride together at the weekend.

excitable1
    Free Member

So does this mean I can drive to a trail center such as CYB from England this weekend for my exercise or not ?

shedbrewed
    Free Member

No

P-Jay
    Free Member

So does this mean I can drive to a trail center such as CYB from England this weekend for my exercise or not ?

Not

whytetrash

Nope Wales is NOT OPEN TO VISITORS a lot of pubs,hotels etc are asking for photo ID proving you live in Wales before you’ll get served…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Riding in Wales’ is closed to new replies.