Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Riding in the snow…..
  • lookmanohands
    Free Member

We aint had much down this neck of the woods yet but when we do i just find it a bit crap, everything is really hard work. its like riding in gloopy white mud only cleaner. Does anyone actually like riding in the stuff once the novelty has worn off? :mrgreen:

TheBrick
    Free Member

yep. You can slalom down hills like you are sking, great fun, fall off and it hurts less also good.

crocodilian
    Free Member

I think it’s great fun. Even if you’re reduced to walking, it’s nice being out in the countryside with not many others around. Night riding in snow is even better as it’s eerily quiet! Love it.

grannygrinder
    Free Member

Do you get more traction if you run lower tyre pressures?
    Works in the car.

coastkid
    Free Member

love it…colder the better for me…
    though i do have a snow bike,5 psi on 4″ tyres give the float needed it but takes the right snow for that to shine but most bikes are fun in the right snow conditions

lookmanohands
    Free Member

yeh but after the initial excitement wears off, its just a cold slog everywhere 😈

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

i like riding in the snow but over here its all ice.. everything is just frozen solid and u can barley walk on it so im waiting until its safer

MrSparkle

Barley? Thought you were near Tod…

bigbob38
    Free Member

Bunch of us went out last Thursday – had great fun and came home knackered!

PC030386

Northwind

I love it, but there’s too much here for it to be very rideable now. Even ice can be amusing as long as it’s not too smooth.

flashes
    Free Member

Still no bl**dy snow………………..

danflowbiker
    Free Member

Worth investing in ice spikers they are great fun

MoreCashThanDash

It was great while it was snowy – Trailrakers worked a treat on the commute.

Now it’s turned to ice and I’m driving to work in a large metal box 🙁

Goz
    Free Member

Cant stand the white stuff, looking forward to riding to work on tuesday….on the ice…nice……im old and dont do cold.

flashes
    Free Member

I want snow…………..wah wah!!!!!!!!!

MentalMickey
    Free Member

Snow riding ain’t that bad if the snow is just a few inches at most, but I can see your point about it being harder work. (esp is 2 feet deep)I just look at it as a good workout though, enjoy the challenge and all that.

Right now Cannock Chase has masses of lethal sheet black ice, I had several offs yesterday using Bonty Mud X tyres, spiked tyres went on last night, going out again today and wouldn’t miss it for the world really as the whole area looks like Narnia, the trees in particular are stunning. 8)

markinoxon
    Free Member

Does anyone know of anywhere that has Ice Spiker Pros in stock? I’ve seen the heavier Ice Spikers on eBay but they’re a little overpriced due to demand.

gigsy
    Free Member

ME AND MU BUTTY ARE OUT KNIGHT RIDING NEARLY EVERY KNIGHT, 2X900 LUMENS EACH, A PAIR OF WETSCREAMS EACH, KNEEPADS, ELBOW PADS, LID, WE RIDE TO WHAT WE CALL THE GIANTS TOOTH 17K SPIN AND WE JOIN UP WITH THE “MOUNTAIN ASH DRAGON DOWN HILL” AND PIN IT DOWN THE TRACK RUNING ON 25PSI, WICKED LOOP RIGHT ON MY DOORSTEP. GET OUT THERE PEOPLE THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT.

bigjim

I love it, been out nearly every night for over a week, tyres at low pressure helps. Theres some pretty deep snow around edinburgh so if you do come off the compacted snow into the powder its quite a soft landing. Will miss it when its gone.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Riding in the snow…..’ is closed to new replies.