Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Riding in Peak Disctrict from Leek area
  • Premier Icon zerogreg
    Free Member

I’ve got a client meeting in Leek in a couple of weeks so was thinking of avoiding the rush hour traffic by taking the bike and going for a ride after the meeting. The client is based in Leek so I was wandering if there are any decent rides going from that area?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

Premier Icon jekkyl

There are some good rides a little drive away. Out of leek itself is very limited. There are shed loads of rides in the white peak Vb book. Some around hollinsclough & lognor, which is just north of leek, also gradbach, which is just a bit further and then there’s Macc forest which is a bit further still. Best to include Cumberland clough which is part of the last 2 rides I mentioned. Also worthy of note is rides out of bakewell, which is just 25 or so minutes from leek.
    Where are you travelling back to after? Because Cannock is ace and can easily be included on any journey south, about an hour from leek. Email on profile if you get stuck, I have all the vb routes as gpx if you need them.

Premier Icon jekkyl

This one looks okay http://www.mountainbikerides.co.uk/routes/1-the-peak-district/13-hollinsclough.html

&

Macc forest: http://www.theedgecycleworks.com/mtbroutes/macc-forest-classic/
    Be warned though, the climb to charity lane is not for the faint hearted but Cumberland clough is one of the best descents in the peaks imo.

Premier Icon jekkyl

How much time have you got or how long do you want it? Coz I have other suggestions for a big ride.

Premier Icon zerogreg
    Free Member

Jekkyl, thanks for the input so far – much appreciated! I hadn’t thought of Cannock and I think this may be the solution if I decide to take the bike as I like the idea of marked trails, rather than trying to follow an unmarked route which I don’t know. I’m aiming to go for a couple of hrs max really as I still need to travel back down to Reading after.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Riding in Peak Disctrict from Leek area’ is closed to new replies.