Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Riding in or close to Coventry
  • Alex

For the next few months, I’m spending one or two nights staying in Coventry.  I’ve been running around Spencer and the Memorial park which has some nice flat singletrack in the woods close by. Looks like some tyre tracks from MTBs but they must go somewhere else as well.

I can drive to somewhere close but just want an hour or so for an after work blast.  Any recommendations?

nixie

How far can you be bothered to drive, Cannock isn’t that far (if your staying on the right side of Cov).

Malvern Rider
    Free Member
    Bigmantrials

Check out the Godiva Trailriders, I used to ride out with them quite regularly. They tend to run a ride on a Wednesday evening.

Unfortunately the riding is a little sparce although an XC type loop can be tied together with a bit of tarmac. I now live in North Warwickshire and it is a little better although one woods in particular where the land owners aren’t so keen on bikes going through there at the moment.

Like others have said, Cannock is close, I can get there in under an hour from work (near the Ricoh arena)

Alex

Thanks. I’m working at the University. Car is parked near the ring road. Cannock is doable as I’d leave the bike in the back. I’ll get in touch with the Godiva riders see if they can give me any directions. Not normally here on a Wednesday but hopefully could get some GPX’s or something.

kayak23

I live in Leamington.

There’s loads of bridleway type riding about, but it can get muddy in the current conditions. Often fun can be had though.

I tend to just scour OS maps and put together loops on bridleways, paying more attention to green bits.

Take the greenway from Warwick Uni, out towards Kenilworth. There’s bit’s and bobs out around that way.

Alex

Great. I’ll buy a map. Never a bad investment 👍

bluebird
    Free Member

The GT midweek ride is on Wednesdays. Meet at the the Bell pub in Keresley. The ride starts at 7.00, so get there just before. From what I understand it may involve a pint or two afterwards too.

Alex

Thanks bluebird. I’m not there often on a Weds but if I am I’ll definitely join. It was the post ride beer that convinced me 🙂

onewheelgood

The RLSCC evening offroad ride is on Thursdays. Meet at the Giant Store in leamington at 18:45. Finishes at a pub.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Riding in or close to Coventry’ is closed to new replies.