Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • Riding in London…(riding content)
  • aP
    Free Member

You’ll need to be in Brick Lane before 8am to even think of looking at a bike thief.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’m looking forward to this. guess we’ll meet at 10 and then set off at quarter past, give people time to turn up then get going?

Goodgey
    Free Member

My train arrives into Waterloo about 9.45 so just roll down the steps and meet at the statue.

atlaz
    Free Member

How long people thinking this ride would carry on for? I’ve got some stuff to do in the afternoon but it sounds like it might be a laugh.

solamanda
    Free Member

I’m tempted to come this Sunday. What is the plan for riding and are any girls going ;o)

Surfr
    Free Member

Someone get some helmet cam footage would you? Should make fun viewing I reckon 🙂

neilnevill
    Free Member

Ooo I’d be up for this (but unfortunatley can’t do 22nd – nexxt time though). I live in Upper Norwood (near crysal palace) and commute in to whitehall on the singlespeed every day…..dodging bendy buses is about the most fun I’ve found to ride around london though!
    Neil

duntmatter
    Free Member

Lanesra’s summed it up nicely, but the plan so far is loose. We’ve got a couple of days to firm up a route. Suggest any particular bits you want to fit into a loop starting on South Bank. That way we won’t spend Sunday morning debating.

I think a couple of hours or so would bring us nicely to beer o’clock.

It’s certainly not going to be Whistler, but it’ll be a laugh to get together, and I hope it’ll kick off a series of ‘Show us your manor’ rides over the coming months.

jezyeti
    Free Member

In Dubai at the moment but back in sunny old London in time for this little bash. Count me in for a 10am start on Sunday, travelling time from Chelsea. 575 in London, should be interesting!!

Goodgey
    Free Member

Helmet cam now theres an idea!!! Have never used mine properly so will give it a go.

flamejob
    Free Member

Am I allowed to come and say Hi on my Brompton? I work at [insert large non Evans bike retailer here] on sundays and think it might be a laugh to come and take photos; need to be in Holborn for 11

I suppose I could break out the Flameboy

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Right, we sorted then? How many so far?

Flameboy; Cycle Surgery?

london_lady
    Free Member

Sorry – just came in on the end of this – 10.00am this sunday at London Eye?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yes. But by the sculpture thing in the pic, rather than right by the eye.

Ooh! I’m sooo excited!

theflatboy
    Free Member

i believe i will be there. i don’t know anybody off here yet, but i assume that it will be easy to identify people!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I will be in London from 10am Sunday morning.

Unfortunately, I’ll be working 😥

Goodgey
    Free Member

I will be there, dont know anybody either but on a black Rockhopper Pro

psychle
    Free Member

I’ll be there, though I sprained my ankle last night so shall be a tad gingerly 🙂 see ya’ll Sunday (I’ll be on a ‘ridiculously inappropriate for pootling around London’ Spesh Enduro 😉 )

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’ll most probbly be on this:

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Go to get it in…

Wunundred!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Are those Coda Magics on there RB? Nice rims too!

Have a good ride, folks, I’m out in the country this weekend!

flamejob
    Free Member

Flameboy; Cycle Surgery?

It’s my pretend job

RudeBoy
    Free Member

No, Flashy; they are Campagnolo K2s; a classic and rare rim, circa 1994ish. A bugger to build, as the deep section makes putting nipples in a real pain. They often end up inside the rim, and you’ve got to try and shake the little feckers out.

Coda Tarantula 2-ring cranks, though. Very light, very stiff.

Think I’ll put some worn WTB Weirwolfs on for Sunday, the ones on in the pic. Don’t need mud tyres for an urban pootle!

duntmatter
    Free Member

I’ll be on a muddier version of this..

Hairychested
    Free Member

My wife and my daughter went down struck with a food poisoning so no riding tomorrow. Bummer! Have fun and let’s organise another one sharp-ish.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Numbers are looking good for the inaugural ride, could become a bit of a monster this, weathers looking good for outdoor beverages afterwards too. Only downside is after chain reaction pulling out a sterling job and completing my custom wheelset in 2 days, Parcelforce are being utter cretins.

Also I should apologise for my “behaviour” the other night, I found out a good friend is terminally ill and proceeded to get legless and angry, never a good combination. If anyone wants to let my tyres down or throw a stick through my spokes tomorrow, feel free too.

I presume everyone’s on Facebook, would be easier to (in future) to set up a group?

theflatboy
    Free Member

well i shall be there, i think i know where the monument is at the eye but if anyone sees me circling aimlessly in the wrong spot could you let me know!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Arsenal; that’s proper shit, mate.

Good on yer for apologising. Did seem a bit weird at the time. Don’t spose there’s any harm done.

Looking forward to this now, spesly if the weather’s gonna be owt like today!! Glorious!

Things seem to be conspiring against me, however. The rear brake on the Lobster is playing up; sticky piston, praps. And I went out earlier on a rigid bike, and managed to jar me elbow coming off a kerb. Feels a bit sore atm, hopefully will be ok tomoz.

I shall endeavour to struggle through. Early night tonight. No Nite Club tonight!

duntmatter
    Free Member

Just got in. The room’s rotating gently to a soundtrack of chilli sauce burps.

Morning ride? Bring it on!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Spose it’s bed time, then. Trouble is, Jazzy B is playing some nice Reggae on’t radio atm…

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Yo.

Final fettles fettled…

Off to bed.

See y’all in a few hours : )

No doubt I’ll be cursing the (as yet untested) rotor I just stuck on the front end 😕

A Bientot!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Just having a cup of tea, should be setting off in 10 minutes.

Hope it gets a bit sunnier… 🙄

Andy

Have a good ride Fred, and let me know when the next one is. look forward to the photos

flamejob
    Free Member

I can’t make it this morning, I have to take the Tube in to work ’cause I’ll have a rather large box to take home….. with a pair of 36TALAS RC2s in it 😀
    … and a new rear wheel

Maybe next time? If you are coming by Holborn then pop in

psychle
    Free Member

I arrived at the meeting point a tad late at 10:20, ya’ll had headed off unfortunately (my bad obviously! 🙁 ) Hope you had a fun ride, will have to make sure I make the next London pootle 🙂

Surfr
    Free Member

Anyone back yet? pics? vids?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Psychle- you silly Billy! Mustuv just missed us, I reckon.

Just got in. Great fun! I think we might have spent more time in the pub, though…

Pics and report to follow. Let me chill out a bit.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Just got in. An excellent way to spend a Sunday. It was a pleasure to meet you all, and may this be the first of many. I thought it was funny the way you all said I was leading when we met. Yeah, right! We found our way between us anyway. Looking forward to pics.

For everyone who couldn’t make it, let’s do another one soon

Had a puncture just after we’d gone our separate ways and had to walk back to a bike shop to get a presta inner tube. Pesky 317s don’t take the spare schraeder my bro had.

Goodgey
    Free Member

Great ride just needs some fine tuning!!

Hopefully the link below will show the route we took.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7675340

RudeBoy
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘Riding in London…(riding content)’ is closed to new replies.