Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Riding in London… (picture content)
  • psychle
    Free Member

So we don’t have amazing scenery… but I stumbled across this treasure trove today whilst putting some miles into my legs, plus a bit of ‘urban freeriding’ 🙂 I reckon they’re fantastic! What do you think?

markenduro
    Free Member

Looks great…

sodafarls
    Free Member

What’s that big curly thing in the sky?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    psychle
    Free Member

hmmmm… that didn’t work very well! Let’s try again shall we? 🙂

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3435/3273929155_3cbcd5b2b7.jpg?v=0[/img]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

High fives a fellow enduro rider in London!

(Lose the refelctors though, please)

enfht
    Free Member

scoose me do you have a cigarette?!! CHECK ME YOUR BIKE !!!

psychle
    Free Member

yeah… I need to take the reflectors off, sorry 😳

Special_ized_Jamie

Do you tend to do most of your riding outside London? Enduro seems a little overkill otherwise!

psychle
    Free Member

btw, I’m loving my Enduro, awesome bike! Now I just need to take it to places that it can do justice to 8) not that I have anywhere near the skills to justify the thing!

psychle
    Free Member

I have an on-one set up with an Alfine for my normal XC stylee duties… but I quite like taking the Enduro out for a spin in London, stairs and drop-offs aplenty and it tackles them with aplomb!

Jamie
    Free Member

Yer overbiked son.

psychle
    Free Member

not that I have anywhere near the skills to justify the thing!

Yer overbiked son.

I’m working on the skillz… honestly 🙂 And the bike is a great confidence booster!

nicko74

meh, ****’em. If you can find steps to bomb down (how ’bout Traf square and roundsabouts?) then why not? And most of the City is deserted over the weekend.
    I haven’t ridden round London in years – I don’t commute any more so I never get round to it.

psychle
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve bombed down the stairs at Trafalgar Square in the early morning, plenty of fun to be had in London 🙂 I might start this thread over as a discussion,’Art or Vandalism?’…

jfeb
    Free Member

There is always a bit of fun to be had no matter where in London you live. I live near Richmond Park, which is rubbish but there are loads of steps, small drops etc to mess about on locally, plus cheeky stuff in the Park if you are that way inclines (which I am not in this sort of weather – causes too much damage on the cheeky trails)

I like the photos, by the way!

jedi

many moons ago we had a few london street rides organised on here 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

I’d be up for an organised London ride… who are the London based crew?

psychle
    Free Member

Rudeboy, CaptainFlashheart… who else?

duntmatter
    Free Member

I’m well up for a London ride.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

me

duntmatter
    Free Member

Is this you organising a ride, then psychle? Nice one!

psychle
    Free Member

hmmm… moi? could be a toughy seeing as I tend to work weekends, maybe we could make it a night ride or something?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Scuse me scuse me (elbows way through to front)!

That 6th pic is amazing. That’s about 3 miles from me, up the canal!

(Frets about Pscyhle being on RudeBoy’s ‘manor’)

You be careful riding about on your own, with that bike, son. There have been a fair few robberies of bikes down the canal, and the odd stabbing. Some really nasty little **** around. Ok in groups, though. And attacks are very rare, fankfully.

I’m going to be organising a London Culture and History ride, in the Spring. Will deffo be loads of fun.

Psychle; I’m always up for a bit of urban pootling; love bimbling around the canals and stuff. Loads of weird and wonderful things to be found. Never ever boring.

BadlyWiredDog; you can come too!

konakulakid
    Free Member

fridayniterides…..google

Lanesra
    Free Member

Living by Regents Park most of my riding is urban. Sunday mornings through the city are best.

I know I’m new here but would like to join in any London based rides (none of my mates ride)

psychle
    Free Member

Konakulakid, I googled

fridayniterides

but naught came up?

Lanesra
    Free Member
    djglover
    Free Member

Double crowns, 6ins travel, just the thing for pootling along the Grand Union

psychle
    Free Member

Double crowns, 6ins travel, just the thing for pootling along the Grand Union

I find it just adequate for the terrain… some very technical sections down Limehouse way 🙂

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Riding in London… (picture content)’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts