Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)
  • Riding in London again…(riding content)
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ernie, you bugger; you spoiled the continuity of my pic posting. 🙁

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

RudeBoy – Member

Pictorial route guide:

Me-finks you ain’t going to have much drinking time left down the pub, after you’ve seeing that little lot 😯

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie, you bugger; you spoiled

Oh so-ree 😐

RepacK
    Free Member

Just a thought but how about some kind of dress code stylee theme? There has been a lot of stuff on this forum lately about lids/no lids/xc lite agro/ fershizzle bling bling yoof/hoodie malarkey (plus there was those guys over in Central London dressing up in tweed) – maybe we should have some kind of drunken loon theme as well??? 😈

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I can wear jeans, trainers and a hoody?

I can also smoke cigs, and abuse passing fixies.

And play reallyannoyingringtones on my mobile.

And display gratuitous profanity and the use of the word ‘innit’.

That urban enough for yer?

duntmatter
    Free Member

I will be redefining paradigms of urban pootle couture. Take note.

Hairychested
    Free Member

paradigms of urban pootle couture

WTF?

RepacK
    Free Member

Dunt

Indeed WTF? Please explain as Id hate to wear the wrong thing!

Rude

BURBERRY! Thats the way forward lets all turn up in Burberry – its tweedish & its yoof!

Sorrrtttteedddddd…. 😉

duntmatter
    Free Member

hehe. Just playing. Wear what you like as long as you MEAN IT! Rules are for fools.

flamejob
    Free Member

Hey.. if it ends up in Richmond we can have a nice barbie in my (tiny) garden.

london_lady
    Free Member

Is this going ahead on the 29th March?
    Did we decide to east or west?
    And where/when are we meeting?

aP
    Free Member

This is urbane riding isn’t it?

whippersnapper
    Free Member

aggresive urbane lite

aP
    Free Member

oH! ok.

Sick to the radd!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Well, seing as no-one else actually went to the trouble of planning and proposing a route, and I have, I say we do the one I suggest.

I spent ages on posting that pictorial guide. 🙁

RepacK
    Free Member

Whipper

😆

Hairychested
    Free Member

RB, are you actually riding or just sending us into the wilderness of East London? Besides, there was a proposal of going Richmond-wards, wasn’t there?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’ll be riding, as me gammy claw will probbly be fine by then. S’healing up nicely.

Well, I’m proposing the East route, as no-one else has actually put forward an inertesting West route.

Bearing in mind, to make things easy for everyone, that all rides should really start and finish in Central London. I don’t think I’d want to be stuck over in Windsor or something, and have to schlepp all the way back home from there, just ‘cos it’s convenient for one or two. And we’d have people like Cheesyfeet, coming in from Essex, so we should be mindful of everyone’s need to be able to get home easily. If the West London lot want a West London pootle, that’s fine, but bear in mind not all of us live West.

I’d be more than happy to lead this East ride. So youse can shout at me, if it all goes wrong. I’ve planned it with options of using the RiverBus, and there are train services along the southern part, which get you back into CL, if something goes wrong. I’ve tried to plan a ride which is inertesting, fun, and varied. And above all, away from heavy traffic. And some of the bits we’d ride through, won’t be rideable soon, as rampant development is changing things dramatically.

Anyway, this is Duntmatter’s baby really, as he first suggested the London Pootles. so I think he should have a say.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Fine by me. Is it 10 a.m. then by The Eye?

duntmatter
    Free Member

Wot Rudeboy sed. I’m in it for the fun, not the leading.

Let West people be more proactive next time and we’ll do that then, of course.

Looking forward to it. 10am by the Eye it is.

😀

london_lady
    Free Member

We’re not complaining because we will ride up from west london anyway :-)Its always nice to have a change of scenery.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Don’t worry about me for this one. I can’t make it. Mrs Feet is out, so I’m at home with the kids.

As long as I’m around for the next one, I’m there. We could even do some evening ones once the clocks have gone & the days extended a bit

aP
    Free Member

RB – remember some of us cycled 14 miles to get to the start last ride 😛

Should I wear my campoflage jersey if we’re going into bandit country?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yay!

Now, let us all pray for fine weather…

aP
    Free Member

Is that, like, non-religious praying?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yes, of course. Non-denominational multi-faith type praying.

Any good tographers out there? Might be nice to have a few pics to bung in’t mag; challenge the domination of pics of Calderdale…

Q: Is this part of ‘mountain biking’? I mean, granted, we may lack the elevation, but it can be a little technical, what with steps and stuff, potholes, broken tarmac, glass, gravel, mud, etc. Not super-gnarly, dude, but probbly as challenging as a pootle on some moors and that. I mean, that Naughty Boy riding down steps on the last one; that’s as tough as you’ll find on a lot of ‘proper mtb rides’.

Or is this the missing link between mountain biking and commuting? ‘Free-commuting’? ‘Aggressive-C’?

Have we invented a new niche???

I need a completely new specifically designed bike, now.

london_lady
    Free Member

will there be an “elevenses” stop?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Of course there will be, LL!

It might be more of a ‘twelvses’ stop though, as there’s not a great deal between the Tower and Greenwich, unless you go off the beaten path a bit, as it were. I mean, there will be little shops along the way, but for nice snacks and coffees, etc, then Greenwich may be the first decent place we’ll come to. There’s a great little sandwich shop in Greenwich market, sells simple, cheap tasty stuff, dunno if it’ll be open on a Sunday. But I’ve no doubt you’ll be able to find something.

Borough Market is not open on a Sunday, I don’t think. And Brick Lane would be a bit of a detour, tbh.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Is everyone set for Sunday then?

Don’t forget: At 1:00 am GMT on Sunday 29 March 2009 the clocks will move forward by an hour.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

So, what time will it be, then?

I can’t cope. Help me, please.

So it’ll be more like 9am,then?

Blimey. Bit early for a Sunday, I must say.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve been lurking this one, waiting on plans. I’m afraid to say I shall be getting rad to the power of sick on the trails of Afan and Cwm Carn instead!

Have a good ‘un, folks!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’m afraid to say….

Yawn… Heard it all before, Flashy.

One day, you might think ‘ooh, I could right fancy a ride in That London’s famous London’, but it will be too late!

Well, it won’t really, but you get my point.

I don’t think I have a point, actually.

Hmm…

(Wanders off, to contemplate some fluff)

flamejob
    Free Member

I might pop along before work at the Psycho Surgery.

Bumhands
    Free Member

Is this still happening?

Got a free day on Sunday now, might pop down for a few hours…

aP
    Free Member

I might bring a camera, oh, and me.
    10am?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Hmm, hope the weather settles down a bit before Sunday.

neilnevill
    Free Member

still on then I presume? 10am bst(9am gmt) at the eye?
    I should be there.

Neil

aP
    Free Member

Oh well, if that’s the case………

So, now the important question – where for lunch that isn’t the windiest balcony in London?

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’ll be there (well, it’d be silly not to especially it was me who suggested 10a.m.). So we’re going East, get drunk there, take a boat back whilst abusing fixie riders? Hip flask compulsory 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Riding in London again…(riding content)’ is closed to new replies.