Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Riding in a jersey with a bottle in the pocket?
  • ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Bit of an odd one but I becoming increasingly uncomfortable when riding with a pack. So was thinking of riding with a spare bottle in my jersey. Does anyone do this? What are views of you stw’ers whom I trust implicitly.

Thankyou

cakefacesmallblock

If I’m only out for an hour or so, I often chance it with no pump, ( tubeless) a multi tool in my shorts pocket and a bottle in my jersey. Tend to stick a bottle-cage on the bike in summer, to do the same these days, like you I think sometimes it’s nice not to ride with a sweaty back !

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

90% of my riding is done with a bottle in my centre pocket, had no problems

HermanShake
    Free Member

When in lycra mode, only if I have to (when I used to ride track for example). I don’t like the way it tugs the jersey, but it’s better than an OTT camelbak.

fasthaggis

No ,it annoys me.
    Did it on a really long event (road),only so I could miss out the first (very busy)feed station.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Why not give it a try, if you don’t like it then its not then of the world and you may live to tell the tale.

rootes1

bottle cage?

Why not give it a try, if you don’t like it then its not then of the world and you may live to tell the tale.

😆

Northwind

Feels absolutely horrible to me but I’ve got a flatter bottle that I can just about tolerate.

But it’s not a bad idea, so I got one of those runners’ packs that has a tiny little bumbag (space for a couple of wee packs of haribos and a phone) and a slot for a bottle. Works really well- sits nice and planted on the hips, doesn’t move around. Surprised it’s not more common tbh as it works really well.

augustuswindsock

I do it all the time for shorter (-2hr) rides, platypus do a .5l bottle which is ideal, cost a tenner from ebay, alternatively just get some capri sun orange juice, disadvantage is that the one’s with the straw have to be downed in one go obviously, but you can get the 33ml one with the screw top, if you get a jersey with a zippered rear pocket (like the merino one from ground effect) they don’t even bounce out when you’re bouncing about, perfect!

jfletch
    Free Member

You won’t srivel up and die if you go out for a couple of hours without a drink, especially now its winter.

wonnyj
    Free Member

+1 you won’t die

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

No. I won’t srivel up and die but I may suffer from a horrendous dehydration headache.

Think I may give it a go, and stick my old saddle pack on for the tools e.t.c

I probably take far too much with me just because I can.

tonyd

Not sure I’d like the weight/bounciness so would opt for no drink if it’s a couple of hours or less, otherwise use a bottle cage.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member
    Taff
    Free Member

Brother in law does this even on long rides. Doesn’t bother him. Can’t see how it’s comfortable though

Northwind

This is the one I use:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=57137
    Same deal but has a little pocket.

Only bad thing i can say about is that used offroad, the bottle is a little loose- it could do with a wee elastic retainer, so I added one.

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

I ride with a bottle cage on the road bike. On the MTB, I found my shirt alternately rode up and tugged down with a bottle in it. Tried a bottle bum bag thing but that used to ride up when bunny hoping. So now I just shove a bottle in a ruck sack if its a short ride and use water bladder for long rides. I quite like riding with a back pack tho….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Riding in a jersey with a bottle in the pocket?’ is closed to new replies.