Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Riding habits you'd like to see the back of….
  • deviant
    Free Member

Absolutely.

….and 160mm of squishy front end wouldnt have helped me, never ridden anything that steep and loose, severe lack of talent had me off….a 14 year old on this forum (getonyourbike) rode it with a hardtail….like i said, not the bike.

mboy
    Free Member

people who ride inappropriate bikes for the conditions- you wouldn’t head off into the mountains with trainers and a tracksuit on, and no coat, so why hit Llandegla with a rigid or short travel xc bike.

You are trolling right?

Llandegla is the least deserving trail of any suspension travel I’ve ridden in a long time. It’s the one Place I’ve ridden recently that I actually thought the ideal bike for it to actually make it at all interesting would be a rigid singlespeed. It’s just a groomed motorway of a trail, and I’m including the black bits in this too. Seeing people on £3K+ 160mm travel rigs there walking down sections they thought too extreme really shocked me!

Anyway… Biggest pet hate for me is also people riding offroad at night with a flashing rear light. FFS turn it off! I don’t fancy an epilleptic seizure thank you very much! Otherwise You’ll find me a very easy going individual in general I think… 😉

cplater1
    Free Member

people riding brand new (still being made!) unopen trails, past barriers and signs just because they can.

druidh
    Free Member

Folk exaggerating their road riding speeds.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

But you know I average 30 mph easy on 2.3 knobblies!

Northwind

druidh – Member

????

I’ve had a few conversations with people at Glentress who’re on hire bikes, but try and pass them off as their own for some reason. It’s very odd.

marsdenman
    Free Member

It was absolutely fine on my 100mm travel hardtail, including all the black runs… am I missing something?

I was there for the first time this last Sunday – on a lightweight 100mm hardtail.
    Did all the blacks (following mates, one on a 5″ full suss, the other on an Inbred..) they were rather quick, only thing ‘holding me back’ was my lack of ability… Simply not used to tight (to me) trails and jumps…

What surprised the 3 of us – car-park very busy, overflow car-park open. Bikes of all descriptions, including a lot of big money, big travel kit, to be seen around the car-park / cafe and we saw next to no-one on the blacks, seriously I’d say less than 10 other riders (on the blacks) on the 2 loops we did….

marsdenman
    Free Member

anyway – back on track – I’d like to see the back of my inability to keep my chin up and look ahead…. it’s a habit that been a lot of years in the making though… 😳

vinnyeh

we saw next to no-one on the blacks, seriously I’d say less than 10 other riders (on the blacks) on the 2 loops we did….

Maybe you were just travelling at about the same speed as most others then. 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m fed up of being told to put a helmet on by some nob out with his family riding past the tea shoppe, I’ve been riding for far too many years to be told your opinion on your thoughts thanks.

Goz
    Free Member

Leaving disgarded inner tubes on the trail.

atlaz
    Free Member

How does riding for many years make you a mind reader though?

Personally the only riding habits I want to see the back of are my own bad ones. I’m quite happy to let other people do what they want but if we’re going to be bitchy, I’d be quite keen to see the end of people riding down trails they could roll sitting down with their arse hanging over the back wheel.

RealMan
    Free Member

Soft pedalers
    crystal crankers

What now?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

so why hit Llandegla with anything other than a rigid or short travel xc bike

Fixed for you.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

deviant– You can have a shed load of internet awesome points for saying that 😀

forzafkawi
    Free Member

People who ride with their saddles too low because they think they have to be able to get their feet flat on the floor whilst still sitting in the saddle.

I can hear their knees creaking at the top of every pedal stroke! 😯

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Dropping my back foot slightly when coasting.

jordie
    Free Member

using there heels to pedal

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Actually, on the pedal being on the arch of your foot thing, for descending this is desirable. On flats you use the ball of your foot when climbing or on smooth terrain and move it forward so that your arch is on the pedal for descending as it lets you dorp your heels easier and is more stable.

But, I’m guessing that you’re tlaking about ‘non cyclists’ who do it all the time

karnali
    Free Member

“people who ride inappropriate bikes for the conditions- you wouldn’t head off into the mountains with trainers and a tracksuit on, and no coat, so why hit Llandegla with a rigid or short travel xc bike.”

no never a tracksuit, shorts training t shirt and trainers is normally fine for a nice run in the hills though

kerv
    Free Member

People who queue/fight to get to the front for a race start, then hold everyone up at the first bit of singletrack.

neallyman
    Free Member

At a trail centre- if you’re fast, don’t wait for someone else to go first then immediately chase after them. I don’t care how much of a man it makes you feel. Leave a gap or go first

Ahh, sorry, will leave a bigger gap next time! of-course would also help if you put a big ‘SLOW RIDER’ sign on your back NW. 8)

marsdenman
    Free Member

Maybe you were just travelling at about the same speed as most others then. 😉

2nd time round I didn’t do one of the blacks – hit the fire road and waited for the boys at the end, no-one else passed through… 😉

mintimperial

2nd time round I didn’t do one of the blacks – hit the fire road and waited for the boys at the end, no-one else passed through…

He’s right, it was dead quiet. Too quiet…

(I did feel a bit over-equipped on 140mm, to be honest, it would have been fine on my mincey hardtail. Didn’t stop me having a brilliant time, though, and it probably helped me to land a few overcooked jumps and that. If it annoyed a few bike snobs too, then all the better!)

I can’t really think of any riding habits that annoy me. Erm. Not acknowledging me when I say hello? That’s always a bit of a downer. I absolutely don’t want a chat, just a nod will suffice.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Riding habits you'd like to see the back of….’ is closed to new replies.