Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Riding glasses
  • solamanda
    Free Member

I’m after some clear or lightly tinted glasses for riding, (with contacts). What do you use? Not interested in brand names, just something that is functional. Cheers :o)

Stoner
    Free Member
    JAG

I have some clear, wraparound, safety glasses – I ‘borrowed’ them from where I work ;o)

flyingmonkeycorps

Bolle safety glasses from eBay, especially if you’re not bothered about different lenses. Or style.

tinsy
    Free Member

lidl still had loads of sports glasses in this week, £6 with 3 different tints of lens and a pouch..

I use the Bolle’s from fleabay myself.

flyingmonkeycorps

Might have to stop in at Lidl on t’way home then!

solamanda
    Free Member

Just ordered some bolles, cheers.

HTTP404
    Free Member

Tifosi Kilo on ebay with fototec (light reactive) lenses. £20 bargain!

I saw them a while back on the bay but forgot to buy and i’ve been waiting ever since. Thought the price was a typo.

Just bought mine 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

They also look pretty awesome, I’ve always fancied some reactive ones

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bolle are great. Antiscratch, anti mist coated. CE marked for impact and the tinted ones for UV. Buy cheap, buy several and you don’t have to be precious about them. Not too geeky looking either

lardman
    Free Member

spesh reactive ones for me….
    they are the nuts, and change fairly quickly, from trees to sun etc:
    Not very cheap tho’, but very good.

thepodge
    Free Member

i just use my normal glasses

jonb
    Free Member

Do an ebay search for Bolle Spider. About £8 a pair. Just bought the clear and ESP versions and they are excellent.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

got yourself an ARCO catalogue? the choice is yours. I’ve been using these for a while:

<http://www.davronline.co.uk/image/caterpillar-tread-safety-glasses-brown-orange&gt;

I got fed up of being so precious about my oakleys and sold them. Its nice not having to worry about them. IMO you can’t protect fancy riding glasses from scratches in the wet season. Halfway through a ride they HAVE to be wiped. as soon as that happens, they’re knackered.

TomB

I got the deWalt ones from screwfix, so pleased with the clear ones I bought the UV protective ones too. Cheap but comfy, and almost ‘disposable’ (£8ish)

aw
    Free Member

I got some blue tinted enduros on fleabay for £15 but I also got safety specs from parker tools at work for…well didn’t cost me anything 😉

I am a contact lens wearer so think that eye protection is almost essential however cannot stop the fogging 🙁

viv
    Free Member

Ive always thought oakleys were good for riding – sticky rubber grips you head well and polarized lens are very nice.

Im going to replace my old minute models – just got monster pup and they’re too big ( will be sent back.. ) – anyone have a small head like me????? – what glasses do you recommend??

Just bagged some Spesh Adaptalite Singletracks of the tinterweb for £20, but not tried them riding yet.

Other than that, Bolle Silium’s or Spiders for £6 off fleabay

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Riding glasses’ is closed to new replies.