Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Riding Conditions – Staveley/Kentmere
  • slowpuncheur
    Free Member

So my weekend probably involves a blast around the above. I haven’t been that way for a couple of years to be honest. The bridleway out of Kentmere up to Green Quarter Fell was always quite challenging for me.

Does anyone know how is it post last December’s floods? I’ve seen pictures on here of other Lakeland trails that were hammered and don’t fancy a hike a bike up there.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Across the top of Green Quarter Fell is always boggy IM(limited)E. Was there a couple of weeks ago, there must have been someone more recent though. Not particularly damaged, just boggy, probably ok if you like that sort of thing but I don’t much. The BOAT to Sadgill is of course fine.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I know what you mean about the boggy bit. It was more the Cornclose Lane bit (heads south-west out of Kentmere).

whitestone
    Free Member

The BW from Kentmere onto Green Quarter was part of the JennRide earlier this year, I’d not done it before so don’t know if it suffered but it was ridable. The other BWs on Green Quarter might get wet but they won’t have been washed out as they don’t really take drainage.

Edit: Cornclose Lane is the one, heads SE though 😛

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Whitestone. Thanks. that’s what I wanted to hear. It’s always been a bit loose so sure it’ll be fine. Ta

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Riding Conditions – Staveley/Kentmere’ is closed to new replies.