Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Riding company – Lauder
  • paultheweatherman
    Free Member

Hi

Just moved to Lauder with family from Calderdale, as the wife wanted to come ‘Home’ to the Scottish Borders after a long stint away. I am not complaining as I know the area well esp Tweed Valley, having visited the in-laws for many years.

However, i’m looking for folk in the Lauder area for some riding company evenings / most weekends year round to head to Tweed Valley; to ride some of the top XC in the area too and; to head further afield for weekend riding to Cairngorms, Highlands etc and Lakes.

Drop me an email if you this sounds like yourself,

Cheers – Paul

Pauljonathongilbert at gmail dot com

paultheweatherman
    Free Member

Nudge!

hodgynd
    Free Member

😁….

We are a good way south of you ..our little group but if you don’t mind riding with a bunch of older (geriatric!)  riders ..50’s to 70s ..I will give you a nudge when we are within striking distance ..

We are spread across N.Northumberland …Alnwick / Hexham / Bellingham / Kielder..and our riding takes in Borders / Cheviots/ N.Pennines / Lakes etc…and a couple of trips a year to the N.W Highlands ( Torridon /Applecross /  Cairngorms

At the moment we are in holiday season and seem to be struggling to get together …

Oh..we are not noted for our fast pace either ..but you would be more than welcome to join us ..

Cheers

Neil

onehundredthidiot

Yep a few folk ride out of Lauder. Not me though.

paultheweatherman
    Free Member

Hi both

Thanks for the replies. Onehundred… — do you know the folk riding outta Lauder and could you put me in touch? Ta.

Paul

hodgynd
    Free Member

😂😂…

You are welcome ..

I will take that as a not interested then …

andrewh
    Free Member

I’m in Stow, so about five miles away.

Weekday riding is limited due to small child but up for weekend XC rides, although it appears to be raining just now. Still new to the area and finidng my way about.

bill65
    Free Member

I am in Selkirk and ride various places in the borders with a mix bag of xc to gnar. General ride 3 or 4 times a week all year round either on my own or with others.

onehundredthidiot

Put a message to folk. See if anything happens.

onehundredthidiot

Oh I’m in hawick so not that local to you. Though do ride Yair (Selkirk end of tweed valley) quite often.

paultheweatherman
    Free Member

Hi folks

Hodgynd – sorry for not replying direct – re-reading the message now, it was ride not too. But yes, if you plan to ride up this way around Tweed Valley or further North with your group let me know and if we can make dates match, i’d be def up for it! Email is pauljonathongilbert @ gmail dot com.

Onehundred – thanks for messaging some folk. I work with a lot of people from Hawick at the Council in Newtown. Like Yair too, prob my favourite Tweed Location – that and Thornilee.

Andrew – Bill – if you are keen to expand and ride with company, let me know via email and will see if we can hook up. Else otherwise, thanks for getting back in touch anyhow. It is good to know folk out there riding similar places and in similar situations. Hardly met a soul out on the trails except Glentress and Inners…

Paul

hodgynd
    Free Member

Will do Paul ..

I hope you realise that mine was a light hearted reply ..sometimes ” humour ” can get lost in translation .

In the meantime hope you can hook-up with some folks more local to yourself ..

Cheers

Neil

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Riding company – Lauder’ is closed to new replies.