Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Riding by Moonlight — anyone give it a go last night?
  • MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I don't know what it was like for the rest of the country but down here in the south we had clear skies and an incredibly bright moon last night.
    So sometime after midnight, on the way back from the post ride pub I turned off back to the trails and once out in the open switched the lights off and rode a three mile loop of easy trails with just the moonlight to show me the way. I've done this a couple of times before and each time it's one of those rare and special experiences.

BigJohn

Whenever I get the opportunity. After about 15 minutes i find my peripheral vision starts getting much more light-sensitive so I'm convinced there are lights to my left & right.

ChrisE
    Free Member

I did it last night in the Yorks Dales. It was so bright. I rode for about 30 minutes without lights.

C

hilldodger
    Free Member

always try to do a full moonlight ride, great last night until some dickwads with 10 billion lumens blasted out night vision to smithereens 👿

smiffy

couldn't see much through the snow

Squirrel

The moon was still up when I was out this morning. Does that count?

swamp_boy

Did it over Salisbury plain one summer a few years back, magical. Highlights were chasing a big wobbly arsed badger anda bat keeping up at about head height along one bit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Riding by Moonlight — anyone give it a go last night?’ is closed to new replies.