Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Riding at Woburn – need a guide to get the best out of it?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Might be going to Woburn next week (probably Thursday) as I've never been and want to get there before its properly closed (if thats still going ahead). Heard it has great singletrack and the jumps/downhilly bits look fun as well. I'll be going by myself though, will I be able to find any good bits without getting lost or do you need to go with someone who knows the area to ride the best bits? That's another thing – easy to find my way back to the car if I do end up getting lost?

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

na its very easy to find and get about…. on both sides of the road..

here is a map of where the dh is and jumps too….

might aswell enjoy it while its still there 😉

some people even show there is a parking place 😉

the red x is where the dh/jumps are

nick

Bludgeon
    Free Member

Contact Mark or Anita at http://www.reservoirgoats.co.uk

Out every Sunday morning at 9:00am at the memorial in Bow Brickhill

Tell them that Andrew sent you 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Cheers Nick 🙂 If anyone wants to join me I'll probably get there for about 10-10:30 on Thursday.

jedi

im coaching there that day so wave if you see me

_tom_
    Free Member

Will do! I'll be the fat guy on the grey DMR trailstar 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Cheers Nick If anyone wants to join me I'll probably get there for about 10-10:30 on Thursday.

I may be about on Thursday Tom, not a local, but been a few times. My usual technique is just to ride around until i find something interesting….

tbant
    Free Member

Here is a link to runkeeper for one of my normal routes

http://rnkpr.com/a55u0c

As others have said just have an explore and you will find loads. Just yesterday I found some new jumps over by the roller coasters that I havent seen before.

If you want any gpx files give me a shout.

Tim

_tom_
    Free Member

Do you have to leave the woods to get a good ride in then? Might just have a quick blast round then head over to chicksands to give the dual slalom and tabletops a good seeing to 🙂

jedi

tom, the play area will keep you busy

Jamie
    Free Member

Do you have to leave the woods to get a good ride in then?

Nah not at all. Some of the stuff is a bit stretched out tho…i.e rollercoaster to play area is a bit of a trek. Nothing major tho.

_tom_
    Free Member

Ok sounds good 🙂 hoping I can find some smaller jumps to play on as bigger doubles are a bit out of my reach at the minute.

_tom_
    Free Member

Well I went today.. not decided whether I liked it or not! A lot of the stuff seems great if you're at a higher skill level but for me most of it (the jumps, and pretty much all the drops) was too big. The play area does have some fun bermy runs though which I gave a good go 🙂 Some nice little jumps/kickers as well. I have a feeling I missed a lot of stuff as there are loads of different lines.

So after deciding I wasn't "radcore" enough I went exploring. Found some really nice tight twisty singletrack with some narrow tree bits that make cannock look roomy! I reckon I'd like to go back to do some xc stuff with someone who knows it well and has a good loop to follow.

Think I saw you jedi but didn't wave in case it wasn't and I'd feel stupid 😆

Decided to go Chicksands afterwards, that was much more my kinda thing jumps wise. I love the Dual Slalom track 😀 The tabletops are weird though, they kick you up really odd compared to the jumps I usually ride.

oldgit
    Free Member

Always happy to guide around the XC stuff, and especialy now as everywhere is in good condition.
    I don't jump etc.

_tom_
    Free Member

Already got some riding planned for next week but are you free in the week after at all?

Due to lack of money I'm having to limit my "proper" rides to one or two a week, petrol is so expensive at the minute 🙁

oldgit
    Free Member

I don't know if you can expand this map for a better idea?
    http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/t-6AHxG1D_o

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Riding at Woburn – need a guide to get the best out of it?’ is closed to new replies.