Riding at Lee and Cragg Quarry

Home Forum Bike Forum Riding at Lee and Cragg Quarry

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Riding at Lee and Cragg Quarry
  • Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

I’m sure we could get a few of us together to show you around! We don’t normally need an excuse to get out. I can do the evening of the 20th. We could show you some of the brilliant natural trails around the immediate area. That way you could find your own way around Lee and Cragg the next day, and combine it with some of that?

chadders1986

Afternoon all. I have a trip up North planned next week. I am planning on riding Lee Quarry on the evening of the 20th and then Lee and Cragg on the 21st.

Would rather not ride it alone and would be good to be shown the link between the two quarries if anyone local is up for it.

chadders1986

That sounds excellent. PM coming your way.

philfive

I may be up for the 20th too depending on timings.

crapjumper

Binners are the oirish lot still parked up there ? Went up there a few weeks ago and there were loads of them . Thanks

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

They’ve gone crapjumper They were’t there when I rode through last night. Off to bless somebody else’s locale with the delightful pleasure of their company

crapjumper

Good to know , thanks mate

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Turns out that Chadders is staying at the hotel 100 yds away from my house. Which is quite handy!

So If anyone fancies joining us, we’ll be doing an early post-ride start (5.30 – 5.45) from Rammy. Up to the tower, bucky woods, Irwell Vale, Edenfield, Michaels Wife Lane, Coal Road, Waughs Well, A lap of Cragg, over the turbines, then finishing with Owd Betts, and the cheeky singletrack by the Fishermans. Ending up at the Brewery, as is the law.

Isn’t the brewery closed on Tuesdays ?

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Arse! It is too! Looks like we’ll have to stop off at the Eagle and Child instead then ๐Ÿ˜€

You coming out to play?

might do depending where I’m up to, Wednesday looks the better night for me

funkhouser

i cant make it but fancy doing that route. can you give more details from the top of coal road – i always get lost.

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

we’ll be doing an early post-ride start (5.30 – 5.45) from Rammy. Up to the tower, bucky woods, Irwell Vale, Edenfield, Michaels Wife Lane, Coal Road, Waughs Well, A lap of Cragg, over the turbines, then finishing with Owd Betts, and the cheeky singletrack by the Fishermans. Ending up at the Brewery, as is the law.

Please don’t do this binners. It’s rubbish that route. Not to mention dangerous..

If you do go ahead – please don’t come on here saying how “great” it was ๐Ÿ™

at the top of the coal road go straight accross at the cross roads and theres only one tral to waugh’s well .carry on past it and then pick up bridleway to the right, takes you to cragg ,as you loop back at the end of cragg theres some rocky steps that take you onto a path tp the windmills, go past them on to service road and take turning to left down the hill, picu singletract to owd betts .hiope that makes sense

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Waughs Well bit Bregante when we did this route a few weeks back. He came past me sideways before going down like the proverbial sack of spuds.

Hope the hands better soon mate. I’m amazed you made it to the pub. Thats a sign of someone who’s got their priorities sorted though. Hospital can wait eh? ๐Ÿ˜‰

justme

Starting where in rammy

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

it wasn’t even on Waughs Well! It was on a stupid flat harmless bit.

Hospital actually waited for 19 days.

That’ll teach me ๐Ÿ™„

There were a few of us that went down like a sack of puds!

And no, that wasnt a spelling mistake! ๐Ÿ˜€

where’s the meeting place in rammy ?

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

We’ll start from the Rose and Crown at 5.45 chaps. The joy of the Rake to start eh?

cheers,if I’m coming I’ll come up Dundee Lane and meet you at the turning to the steep bit

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Ok fella

Hopefully we’ll see you Tuesday

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Riding at Lee and Cragg Quarry’ is closed to new replies.