Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Riding around Lizard Peninsular ?
  • Doh1Nut

I am off to the Lizard Peninsualar for a week, staying a bit south of the Helford River.
    I will get some free time in the eveinings to get some excercise. The sensible option is to go for a run along some of the footpaths, but running on hills is a bit rubbish on the way up and on the way down. – So I could take my hardtail – is it worth it ? It would be an arse to pack in the car along with a set of Dive gear.
    I can see from Strava that most of the segments are road based and most of the paths close by are footpaths not bridalways, but there are some bridalways over by Kynance Cove.
    Is there anything else that way that is worth a drive to (or takeing the Full Suss for)??

Cheers

martinhutch

Most of the decent riding would be on the coast path, which is not only very cheeky, but would be a total PITA given the number of walkers on there in the summer, and the general overgrownness of the path around now.

Cardinham Woods near Bodmin is pretty good, but I’m not sure it’s worth taking the bike all that way for.

Sitting alongside Helford Passage with a cold one from the Ferryboat Inn would be my choice.

jam-bo

they do bike hire at cardinham and lanhydrock now. marins I think.

but thats still an hour+ from the lizard. cornish miles init.

Doh1Nut

Cheers

Its the sitting in the sun with a cold beer that causes the requirement for excercise 😀

I am kicking myself I did not take the bike to Spain earlier in the year when I had the foothills of the Pyranese to play with, I might have to pack some skinny tyres and do a few hilly intervals instead 😥

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Riding around Lizard Peninsular ?’ is closed to new replies.