Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ridgeway conditions Tuesday ?
  • boardmanfs18

Was thinking of riding the Ridgeway in one go on Tuesday next week but having read a few threads, everybody said don’t bother if it’s wet.

Will it have dried out by Tuesday this week as don’t want to bother if it’s go to be a muddy slog.

Thanks.

weeksy

Hmmm won’t be terrible, but won’t be ideal. Can you ride it, yes. Will you fly along, no. Will be puddly in sections. If it’s sunny and you have a day off though, why not.

Slacks
    Free Member

Its rideable but muddy and some standing water up Wendover end.

shotaway
    Free Member

The Ridgeway a lot better than it used to be since the 4×4 ban in parts… I’m planning on doing it Saturday from Streatly to Avebury… which i suspect should be better conditions the east section can have a lot more mud… the forecast for next week shows 40 percent chance.of.rain and thunder storms on wednesday… Sunshine for Friday and Saturday. It’s just a forecast tho.and can change hourly… Deffo leave some.nice.dry clothes in the car for when your done…

boardmanfs18

Decided to bin the idea of the ridgeway, going to a 50mile loop of the Brecon gap instead.

petec
    Free Member

i went from streatley to compton today and around other local bridleways – not a problem at all. A few puddles, but nothing sucky.

Caher

Just to reawaken this thread but planning on doing the Swindon to Goring section tomorrow so wondering what the conditions would be after today’s rain.
    I do remember from a long time ago the packed chalk was like concrete ice and the mud was such that I waked more then I rode.

petec
    Free Member

it’s wet. As it’s the first rain for ages, it’ll mostly not soak in though, so you should be fine.

Probably

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ridgeway conditions Tuesday ?’ is closed to new replies.