• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by tonyd.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ridgeline II, The Return – Gee Atherton: back on That Ridge
  • stwhannah

Ever crashed on a feature and had it become your nemesis? Found yourself carrying your bike down that bit of trail every time? Apparently, Gee Atherto …

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

Ridgeline II, The Return – Gee Atherton: back on That Ridge

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

brakestoomuch

So he’s basically Evel Knievel without an engine. I’d be interested to see his top speed down there. Probably p X 10, with p being the speed at which I’d poop myself.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Wow, that takes guts to face his nemesis again. Is he planning to ride the whole length of trail? That would be nuts. A true icon that mon.

somafunk

Brakestoomuch : So he’s basically Evel Knievel without an engine. I’d be interested to see his top speed down there. Probably p X 10, with p being the speed at which I’d poop myself.

Name checks out, verified 😉

Gee’s certainly got bigger balls than I could ever swagger around with

tonyd

Incredible.

So is that the same ridge that he had that crash on? The one in the Knife Edge video? Guessing if it is then he avoided that part – can’t blame him at all! I just re-watched his big crash and it’s still as horrific as the first time I watched it. Amazing he’s come back from that.

weeksy

He’s a proper crazy boy isn’t it… massive balls for sure.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Ever crashed on a feature and had it become your nemesis? Found yourself carrying your bike down that bit of trail every time? Apparently, Gee Atherton doesn’t have this problem

It’s a different ridge (or very very different part of the same ridge). Nothing like the gnarly feature he crashed on.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I think it’s a shame that they take a natural hillside and chop it to pieces to make it rideable at speed.

In that way I much prefer Danny MacAskills approach of riding nature

Even the ridge line where he had the massive crash, they massively altered to make it rideable

it’s a stunning part of the country but unfortunately very little access for bikes or even walking as the majority is private land

tonyd

I think it’s a shame that they take a natural hillside and chop it to pieces

I was thinking that myself, and I do agree that it might spoil it for other users (walkers etc). However, while they are re-shaping things it’s still just dirt and stone ramps so once abandoned it shouldn’t take long for it to return to a more natural state. Plus it sounds like it’s just behind Dyfi bike park so not quite in the wilderness.

It must be pretty hard to find terrain that would allow that kind of speed, risk, exposure, etc.

willjones
    Free Member

Looks like he swapped forks half way down as well.

johnjn2000

Looks like he swapped forks half way down as well.

If it was me I would need to swap my pants half way down

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I was thinking that myself, and I do agree that it might spoil it for other users (walkers etc).

how many walkers do you think ever venture that way? look at them digging out just after 1 minute, there is nothing there, i dare say, them and the crew will have been the only people up there in a long long time

tonyd

how many walkers do you think ever venture that way? look at them digging out just after 1 minute, there is nothing there, i dare say, them and the crew will have been the only people up there in a long long time

I’ve no idea, which is why I said might. If you listen to the video they are talking about how it can be seen from the bike park. I’ve not been to Machynlleth in a long time, and never been to Dyfi Bike Park, but it’s a popular area for walkers, cyclists, all sorts – not exactly wilderness. The way it’s shot certainly suggests it’s miles from civilisation, but that’s not necessarily the case.

Anyway I’m not having a go, quite the opposite – I think the film is great and more power to Gee for getting back on the bike.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.