Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • riders local to Bingley Shipley Harden Wilsden Cullingworth
  • Tess
    Free Member

Anyone out there? Looking for local riders to go pedalling with. Am out this Friday

Mugboo

Harden here but not around Friday.

Are you new to the area?

ncfenwick
    Free Member

I’m in Bingley, usually ride Saturday or Sunday mornings around St Ives/Harden or Shipley Glen for about 2/3 hours.

What kind of riding are you after?

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

keighley here, ride around bingley, harden, shipley, ogden. not free on friday though.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Saltaire – Free to ride most days when home, usually St Ives/Harden, Baildon/Glen. Sometimes the dales & Gisburn.

where & when are looking to go on Friday?

partyboy1101
    Free Member

Ncfenwick – I thought you were just a fairweather towpath warrior?

Tess
    Free Member

Am not new to area, just do a lot of pedalling on own. This Friday can be out from 12. I enjoy technical trails and anything flowing just enjoy single track so spend a lot of time pedalling the local footpaths apologising to walkers along the way. I will be out on Friday from about 12noon if anyone cares to meet up let me know and can arrange where/when.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

My mates recently moved to Wilsden/Harden and so I’ve been doing a bit of looking at maps for some decent stuff. Anyone want to give some vague pointers where to find the good stuff?

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I’m Shipley based and off on friday, but due to the christmas cold haven’t been out in almost a month. Death and dissappointment could be the result.

Mugboo

Daveyboywonder- you’ve helped me out often enough.
    Drop me an email and I’ll show your mate around 🙂

Tess, if you fancy coming along as well then drop me an email as well.

toastandtea
    Free Member

Hello
    Iam the mate Daveyboywonder is talking about .

Moved to wilsden about 5 months ago , I’ve been out for a few rides on me tod , done a bit of exploring , but prob missing all the good stuff .
    A bloke showed me a few tracks on harden moor , but think he was from haworth .

I don’t Finnish work till 3 on Fridays , but iam usually up for a blast most weekends . Love singletrack and techy stuff , don’t mind going off piste !

Would be nice to get riding with some locals , my mail is toastteaandtv@gmail.com !

Cheers
    Chris

Simon

Love singletrack and techy stuff , don’t mind going off piste !

Mugboo will be a good guide then.

Tess
    Free Member

I am still out Friday so I guess I’ll just say I will be at Saltaire railway bridge 12noon. I will be the middle aged lady with the trek fuel ex9 and I propose a route upto and along Baildon cliffe and through the woods that come out by the Shipley glen tramway and then round the back of the old dodgems, down the bridleway at the back of the pub through the woods and up the old paved track and a cut through the woods at the back of the caravan site and then along Shipley glen – a general tour of Shipley Glen as it were some of it I can ride, some of it I can’t. Let us hope the weather improves and the dog walkers have done their morning rounds and are yet to take to the Glen again for the afternoon shift.

Tess
    Free Member

Entonox
    Free Member

I’m in Bingers. Loads of great tech singletrack riding in the area. Email in profile.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Tess
    I’m not available Friday pm, but might be available midweek daytimes in future, if you have a lot of mid week days off. In fact, I need someone to motivate me to get out mid week daytimes, on my days off. I can show you most of the same stuff as Mugboo, although his knowledge of Cottingley Woods is unique.
    [disclaimer]I don’t go out when it’s wet and windy[/disclaimer]

talltom
    Free Member

[disclaimer]beware of Cottingley Woods – been caught out a few times by his lordship

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

I might try and make Friday. Need to check work situ tomorrow.

AJames
    Free Member

Based in Baildon, do Shipley glen, Buck Wood, Calverley, baildon moor, stainburn and anything else local in the winter, more often off to Dales or Peaks when there is more light. Weekends only at the moment, email andyjames2@me.com if any use.

Mugboo

Sounds like a Spring STW day out is in order 🙂

Simon

Sounds like a plan 8)

Mugboo

Although I can already imagine the “this way, no “that way” 🙂

squiff
    Free Member

I might be free friday, would be good to meet other riders

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Will try and make Friday.

Like the sound of a STW ride out

Entonox
    Free Member

Day out sounds great. Swappage of secret(ish) trails, I’ve got a couple up my sleave. Locals only. :mrgreen:

pennine
    Free Member

imagine the “this way, no “that way”

LOL! (but so true)

Shipley based here. Unfortunately, work gets in the way of midweek day rides.

Simon

I’ve got a couple up my sleave

I’m intrigued……….

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Get a big ride in the calendar Mugboo!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Will this be a [Alan Carr]”I’ll show you mine, if you show me yours”[/Alan Carr] ride?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ll show you mine (the never spoken about Halifax bit of Calderdale) if you show me yours!

Tess
    Free Member

So as far as I can work out from this thread so far some of you are meeting me to pedal on Friday from Saltaire – just to clarify I realised there are no fewer than 3 bridges in Saltaire so I meant the one over the railway. And Mugboo has volunteered a.n.other ride . Excellent. I shall email you to sort out where/when. And thanks.

Mugboo

Sounds like a plan. Springtime then?

What do people expect from these STW group rides?

Half a day?
    Big circuit (misses lots of good stuff)
    Local lines (hard going with a big group)
    Food stop?
    Good pub, of course!

I’ll drop Pook an email and ask.

squiff
    Free Member

Right, so it’s 12 oclock on friday at the Saltaire bridge near All terrain/ train station? See you there

Entonox
    Free Member

Mugboo

If it’s going to be a big STW ride then cheeky (also the best) trails are probably off limits. You just can’t go barrelling through Cottingley Woods with 20+ riders. Maybe even Shipley Glen would be best avoided. I suppose you’d have to make judgement call when you know the numbers.

There was a mass STW ride few years ago that popped through Cottingley Woods. It started from Haworth side IIRC. Difficult getting big groups through tight singletrack.

I’m well up for sharing local knowledge with fellow locals – sounds like you know the best trails already though.

Mugboo

Entonox

Spot on.

I think it’s a locals ride we need! Plus DVB
    Email me 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Sweet – will drop you a mail Mugboo. Think my mate Chris has been in touch with you anyway.

I’ve got a cracking route around south Halifax I’ll show you in return (again, high levels of cheek but I took a good group around it in October and we only got shouted at once by an old lady who knew nothing about access laws – I educated her thanks to all the articles theres been on here!).

Tess
    Free Member

OK so for Friday’s ride just to clarify again 6/1/12 meet 12noon at railway bridge Saltaire. I will be tootling off down some ‘cheeky’ trails around Baildon Top/ Cliffe what ever it is called and then the Glen. As I don’t know any of you who have expressed interest in coming we’ll just see how it goes. Don’t know if you will know the trails already. Probably. If you know any others would love to see them too.

The STW ride that’s been suggested please keep me posted when/where.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Mugboo – Member
    Entonox

Spot on.

I think it’s a locals ride we need! Plus DVB
    Email me
    What’s, who’s DVB? We’re not inviting DaveyBoyWonder’s German relative, DaveyVunderBoy. 😀

willjones
    Free Member

I’ll try and get there (bridge over the railway) tomorrow, if I can get my work stuff sorted in the am. Bored of riding on me’ tod. Interested in a Spring ride too. Splendid.

robhenry85
    Free Member

i’m only 30mins or so away….

would it be ok for me to pop over to tag-a-long? (the cat is at the vets in the morn, but if i’m back in time)

do u mean the bridge next to salts mill? where can i park round there?
    how long ish will ride take?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘riders local to Bingley Shipley Harden Wilsden Cullingworth’ is closed to new replies.