Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Riders in wendover/aylesbury/tring??? Bucks??
  • stee1e
    Free Member

I’m based in Aylesbury, Bucks and know a total of zero people who ride an MTB except my girlfriend. Don’t get me wrong, going out for a ride with the lady is fun and she is good but it’s not challenging nor does it push me and I have to ride slow.

Every now and then I’d like to ride with someone else who like to tear around the trails or who is up for joining in on a 12hr/24hr race etc.

If there is anyone up for a ride in the bucks/herts area, give me shout.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

There’s a huge Bucks MTB club on face book always out and doing big trips away etc we sre more Oxford way but regularly ride Chilterns when weather permits.

jezketley
    Free Member

Yes – try BucksMTB. http://www.bucksmtb.co.uk The next open group ride is Saturday 26th Jan, from Wendover Woods main car park. Check the website for details and how to register.

If you join, only £15, then there are regular club member led rides you can join.

Very friendly, inclusive and sociable club.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andylaightscat
    Free Member

Mountain Mania in Tring have a shop ride on Wednesdays
    If you can make it to Berkhamsted there’s evening rides Monday,Thursday that I ride with,a group that rides Tuesday night,Saturday 1pm,a group that rides Wednesday night,Sunday morning.

Guys I ride with is faster Monday,social Thursday with Pub after.I’ve ridden with all the other groups and they’re all friendly.

Mail me and I can give you some contact numbers

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Hey stee1e, I’m in the same position as you. I’m in Aston Clinton, recently moved here so been out for some good rides on my todd but not with anyone else yet. I was planning to join the 26rd Jan BucksMTB ride at Wendover Woods, why don’t you come along?

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Aylesbury cycling club have a mountain bike section. http://www.aylesburycc.org/

We meet on Wednesday night in Jansel Square, leave at 7.30 for the weekly mtb night ride. People are usally doing stuff at the weekends as well.

Club membership is £15 for the year. My email addy is in my profile if you want to contact me.

stee1e
    Free Member

Cheers all, some great and very quick replies.

Mountain Mania in Tring have a shop ride on Wednesdays
    If you can make it to Berkhamsted there’s evening rides Monday,Thursday that I ride with,a group that rides Tuesday night,Saturday 1pm,a group that rides Wednesday night,Sunday morning.

I still haven’t found this shop, maybe I should pop in and have chat about their rides. Ta

Hey stee1e, I’m in the same position as you. I’m in Aston Clinton, recently moved here so been out for some good rides on my todd but not with anyone else yet. I was planning to join the 26rd Jan BucksMTB ride at Wendover Woods, why don’t you come along?

I saw that site, unfortunately I can’t make that open group ride as I’m competing in a dualathlon that day, but i’ll try and make the next in Feb. It seems like a good idea to meet some people in the area.

Aylesbury cycling club have a mountain bike section. http://www.aylesburycc.org/

We meet on Wednesday night in Jansel Square, leave at 7.30 for the weekly mtb night ride. People are usally doing stuff at the weekends as well.

Awesome, never been on a night ride in around here before. Haven’t been on a night ride for a long time and would be really keen on this. I’ll join in on the first Wednesday of Feb.

Cheers ya’ll

Colin

tymbian
    Free Member

@ Munqe-chick

When you say that you’re more Oxford way where abouts and how many is
    we? where and how often do you ride? I’ve newly located to King’s
    Sutton near Banbury and as of yet am yet to hear of a local group to
    ride with. Nearest I know of is in Leamington Spa.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

Stee1e,it’s in Miswell Lane HP23 4BX

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

@ Tymbian, there is now a large group of us who are mates we haven’t created any form of club but most of us have met/got in contact via threads like this on STW! They (as I can never make it) regularly ride on urban Tuesday night rides around Oxford, then some do extra nights on thursdays locally or in the Chilterns. Weekends when the weather is better there is always a group going out in the Chilterns… we occasionally even do **cough cough** rode rides.
    email in profile if interested.

tymbian
    Free Member

@ Mubar-chick..thanks for the heads-up. I’d definately be interested in an off-rod ride when I can fit it in. Tried to mail you yesterday and it bounced back so my mail address is ttrewin55@g00glemail.c0m
    Looking forward to it..

tymbian
    Free Member

I meant @ munqe-chick…B-)

stee1e
    Free Member

tizzzle i’m coming for the ride tomrrow. Had to cancel the other race. I’ll be riding the green rigid on-one. Say hello if you come for the ride

Cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Riders in wendover/aylesbury/tring??? Bucks??’ is closed to new replies.