Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Rider down, (in a serious condition) Grizedale forest,
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-18217993

Hope you make a good recovery fellow rider

deluded
    Free Member

Healing vibes to the lad and a reminder what a great job regional Air Ambulance Services’ do.

higgo
    Free Member

Healing vibes to the lad and a reminder what a great job regional Air Ambulance Services’ do.

Completely agree on both counts.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    philbert31
    Free Member

+1

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

As above, hope He pulls through and makes a speedy recovery, sometimes we dont realise how dangerous our sport/ pastime is.
    A big dollop of get well soon
    Mattzzzzzz

pingu66
    Free Member

Great work by the Air Ambulance lets all hope he pulls through and makes a full recovery.

Anyone know him can keep us updated.

Healing vibes

brianh
    Free Member

Hope he is OK and great job by the Air Ambulance Service

Rockape
    Free Member

. What would we do with out the crews of the air ambulance when our sport takes use to remote places. Well done them. Hope the young lad is comfortable and makes a speedy recovery.

stumpyjon

Yorkshire air ambulance was also out today at Gisburn, bottom of Hully Gully, rider with pelvic injuries.

billysugger
    Free Member

He did a good job of landing on that hillside.

There are times when we’d be screwed without them.

Healing vibes to all struggling with injury.

chopchop
    Free Member

Thoughts out to the guy for a full recovery, incredibly serious injuries by the sounds of it. I walked away from a tumble today and news like this reminds me how fortunate I am.

stumpyjumper
    Free Member

The best feelin on a ride is when your playing with that edge of control. Occasionally you go over that edge. When you do it’s always good to know the big yellow ambulance is there. There was a collection bucket for the ambulance in Wilkos whilst I was buying a few things. Had to pay by card but emptied all my wallet change Into it the bucket to the bemusement of the cashier. They do a sterling service.

daveh
    Free Member

They do a sterling service.

I like what you did there!

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve had my life saved by thre Air Ambulance before.. I think as MTB enthusiasts we kind of owe it to ourselves to donate to our local air ambulance..

deluded
    Free Member

I’ve had my life saved by thre Air Ambulance before.. I think as MTB enthusiasts we kind of owe it to ourselves to donate to our local air ambulance..

Good post.

crazy-legs

Same here (and not far from Grizedale actually). Innocuous little bit of trail, something I’d done 1000 times before but on this one occasion it went very wrong.

Hope the guy is on the mend very soon.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fingers crossed.

And, always put something in the box for the air ambulance. Just like the RNLI, you’ll be glad that you did if you ever need them.

meehaja
    Free Member

Healing vibes to the chap involved. Wish I worked on a helicopter! Us land Para’s never get the love! 🙁

rmacattack
    Free Member

air ambulance, mountain rescue all these bodies get my 1 quid everytime they hold out a collection

stumpyjumper
    Free Member

Love vibes and respect to meehaja too. You guys are ace too. Even without a big chopper… 😉

slowmart
    Free Member

We were refused an air ambulance as we were the “wrong postcode”.

My wife went into labour with the cord wrapped around our daughters neck and where we lived the track to the cottage was too rough for my wife to travel.

Thankfully the North Wales police helicopter was available which saved my daughters life.

Either way best wishes to the rider concerned.

tang
    Free Member

Are there any mtb events that raise money for the air ambulance? I reckon singletrack could do an artical on their amazing service. Land paras are saints and should be paid twice as much.

billysugger
    Free Member

Land paras saved me a couple of years back on the roads. You’re all ace.

Good idea that tang.

TiRed

Are there any mtb events that raise money for the air ambulance?

Gorrick had a collection at the last race. Payment on entry to the site. More than happy to contribute, although, like the RLNI, I can’t see why these bodies aren’t funded out of public taxation.

philfive
    Free Member

My mate owns a pub at waberthwaite and every year he holds a charity event for Cumbrian air ambulance.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Always put money in the Mountain Rescue/Air ambulance box, it’s an insurance policy to stop them coming to get you!

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I’m sometimes surprised by how many people think the Air Ambulances are funded … they’re not (except London). As someone said ^ as mountain bkers they should be pretty close to our hearts.

All the money raised by the, Welsh Ride Thing is donated to the Wales AA as are all the ‘takings’ from the Forest Freeride bunkhouse.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Best wishes to the rider for a swift and full recovery.

Eldest had to be evacuated from the bridleway south of Ladybower a couple of years ago after knocking himself out & with suspected neck/back injuries – the most amazing bunch of people, pilots, paramedics and support – happy to donate as much as we can as often as we can.

The local one was busy so we got one from the other side of the midlands.

cakefacesmallblock

Hope the guy who crashed, comes through this OK.

argoose
    Free Member

Healing vibes

hora
    Free Member

I hope all turns out well and you make a complete recovery.

Swelper
    Free Member

Great job by the Air Ambulance,

Think i speak for everyone on STW, and wishing the guy a speedy recovery

I can’t see why these bodies aren’t funded out of public taxation.

I was a Lifeboat man for 6 years (RNLI) In my opinion the worst thing that could happen is they become publicly funded. If they were publicly funded they would be constrained financially, and not have the cutting edge technology which these guys have

bing4
    Free Member

He is still in a very serious condition with life changing injuries.

tandemwarriors

Hate to see another rider in that condition, hope he makes it through.

Are there any mtb events that raise money for the air ambulance?

Back in the day (between 1993 & 2003) the NATS Off Road Tour of the Peaks raised over £21k, a large chunk of that when to the peak district MRT’s and the midlands air ambulances.

air ambulance, mountain rescue all these bodies get my 1 quid everytime they hold out a collection

Amen to that.

Rob

project
    Free Member

bing4 – Member
    He is still in a very serious condition with life changing injuries.

Posted 43 minutes ago # Report-Post

Do you have a first name for him along with some more detail of what happened.

Seems a bit sad to call him just a rider.

DavidB
    Free Member

We raised over £40k but interest died out over time

jambalaya
    Free Member

@DavidB – firstly £40k is a great effort, perhaps in this age of social media it’s time to re-launch it ?

polarisandy
    Free Member

Aye good work.
    Hope fella gets better soon, though it all sounds rather serious.

Worked on Air ambulance for a while.
    This was an interesting landing.
    Striding Edge.
    Joint MRT/AA job

Bit shakey, but small cannon G7 and was multi tasking.

deluded
    Free Member

… it costs £2,500 per mission to fly, regardless of whether or not the patient is airlifted.

😯

http://www.greatnorthairambulance.co.uk/main/

project
    Free Member

To update everyone about the rider who crashed had an email from a freind of his who writes.

Hello mate,

The guy who was injured last week is called mark. He is stable and in high spirits but is now paralysed from the chest down. His helmet saved his life!

He is mega positive bloke! I am visiting him again on Wednesday and will ask if I can email you the link to his family blog and you can put it on the page you guys have all been offering your support on.

Both the heli medics and the ground crew were great, they landed within 20m which is reassuring to anyone out in the hills!

Thanks a lot, every positive comment and thought means a great deal to him and his family. I will read your blogs out to him on wednesday.

Cheers

Greg

Im sure everyone wishes Mark his family and freinds the best of luck and a speedy recovery.

And of course not forgetting all those emergency services that where involved in the treatment of the casulty, and all the staff who are going to be involved in his rehabilitation.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Rider down, (in a serious condition) Grizedale forest,’ is closed to new replies.