Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ride to the Sun – logistics thereof
  • MoreCashThanDash

I know some of you have been involved with this before, and it’s being talked about with a couple of mates as a possibility.

What suggestions do you have for the logistics of getting to the start at Carlisle and then back again from Edinburgh? My current thought involves a car at each end and a lot of tired driving…

STATO
    Free Member

Er… get the train there, and then the train back home?

franksinatra

Surely the logistics will depend on where you live? I’m in the Borders and we got a taxi (minibus) there which worked out £20 each then got the train home after the ride

MoreCashThanDash

Sorry, some in Derby, some in Manchester, one of us gets free train travel and doesn’t understand the question!

STATO
    Free Member

Perfect then, direct train services for all of you 😀

MoreCashThanDash

Anyone any idea how easy it will be to book a bike on a train back from Edinburgh that Sunday? Assuming places will be limited.

joshvegas
    Free Member

From edinburgh shouldn’t be tooo bad especially if you don’t go for the earliest train.

Just ride home

You should definitely do it as its great.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Get in early with train bookings, and book at an actual station ticket office, not online.

Did it last year, got train from Glasgow to Carlisle at teatime, was only 8 quid booked well in advance, then waited about in a wetherspoons after we were done with fasthaggis and thenorthwind et al, train home from there. Was a bit of a wait though, finished ride about 0330, 1st train wasn’t til 0830.

Next time I’d leave van at crammond, train to Carlisle, then kip in van when done.

Awesome event btw, totally made by the gentle tailwind and benine conditions. Was ace.

MoreCashThanDash

totally made by the gentle tailwind and benine conditions

And the organisers have booked these again I hope?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I hope so!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ride to the Sun – logistics thereof’ is closed to new replies.