Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ride suggestions from Brig o’Turk
  • Shackleton

Can anybody suggest a ride in the Brig o’Turk area that would be doable in about 2 weeks time?

MTB, gravel or road (in order of preference) but realise that trail conditions may determine choice.

Routes on Trailforks look OK but I suspect very weather dependant.

Suggestions and advice appreciated!

Cheers,

S

Shackleton

Anyone?

globalti
    Free Member

Buy a map or ask Mark at Wheels Cycling Centre, just outside Callander.

cosmokramer
    Free Member
    tjagain

The only stuff I know I haven’t ridden for years if at all. also perhaps a bit dull! there is a path on the south side of loch Venacher and there is the Glen Finglas loop. Aberfolyle to Callender accross the menteith hills which could be made into a circuit with the loch venacher path, and IIRC there is some stuff in the forest above abefoyle – thats the extent of my knowledge and its rather vague.

bomberpork
    Free Member

Glen Finglas loop for mainly gravel or you can do part of that loop and head up the road that takes you to Ben Ledi, which would be a big ride and offer you everything including great views and hike-a-bike

Shackleton

Cheers all, will investigate some of those.

tjagain

brig o turk to Balquidder on the first part of the Glen kinglash loop and return via the track on the west side of loch lubnaig.

aldo56
    Free Member

Lots of good, steep trails to be had in the woods above Aberfoyle. It’s all on Trailforks – fill your boot! It’s not really weather dependant but it’s much easier in the dry.

flyingmonkeycorps

There are a few suggestions in this thread. Sadly I got a crappy sickness bug and didn’t get to ride any of them.

globalti
    Free Member

Glen Ample looks like a nice wet weather pootle, on the way round you could have a couple of pints of Harviestoun beer and enjoy the rather good bar meals at Mhor 84 on the turn off to Balquhidder.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ride suggestions from Brig o’Turk’ is closed to new replies.