• This topic has 261 replies, 68 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 22 posts - 241 through 262 (of 262 total)
  • Ride London rollcall
  • WackoAK
    Free Member

I think this event needs more people like that.

Fat Bike!

nedrapier

Silliest I saw were a couple of girls on a tandem (not that silly in the event – no-spray drafting!) and a guy spinning out the top gear on a Boris Bike.

So not that silly. Wouldn’t have fancy borising it, though! No ta.

jam-bo

16th percentile. You were faster than 84% of riders.

i think no punctures and no stops played a large part in that.

great gallery here from sportivephoto at newlands. looks like they caught the worst/best of the weather:

SPORTIVEPHOTO Ltd

Posted by Sportivephoto on Sunday, August 10, 2014

TiRed

First Boris Bike was back after about five hours. Chapeau. But it was a pretty flat course.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Indeed it was flat. Considering it was still 140km there was only 550m of vertical gain involved.

jam-bo

I was suprised how fast I went, although I couldn’t have kept that pace up for much longer. Round devon I usually average 15mph ish, sometimes as low as 12 if there is a lot of climbing. I ignored my plan of staying at a comfortable HR and pushed on. Last ten miles was at an average of 172bpm..

back to the hills tonight..

mudshark
    Free Member

Saw a bloke on an mtb with big knobbly tyres and suspension fork, also passed a guy going up to Newlands Corner on a Boris bike. A few tandems including one with a blind guy on the back.

Oh and a girl in a tutu for those that like to see non lycra shorted people at these things.

mattjg
    Free Member

5:15 (4:50 actual ride time as I spent a lot of time faffing with jackets and food).

My start was 0627 which I think was too early for my pace, I’d go a bit later if I did it again. Loads of people passed me on the flat but I took some names on the Newlands climb, I guess that’s what comes of being a Surrey Hills MTBer – we don’t do flat.

Any suggestions for painful sit bones after a few hours riding? (I don’t mean just a tad sore, they proper hurt to sit on).

TiRed

Any suggestions for painful sit bones after a few hours riding?

Saddle width too wide? So sitting directly on the ischial tuberosities?
    Not enough time on the saddle (unlikely).
    Not enough padding in shorts or on saddle.

mattjg
    Free Member

Thx for the ideas, it’s neither of the latter two, in fact seat pain limits ride time rather than vice versa. I’ll look at saddle width and the medical side.

mattjg
    Free Member

Thanks, I seem to be distinctly average! Am a tad long in the tooth though, breakdown by age group would be interesting.

Only 16,000 finishers are listed, I thought I heard it was over the 20,000 mark (of 24,000 entrants).

(& four minutes short of the top 50%, wish I hadn’t stopped to take my jacket off at Wimbledon!)

calm down Matt, it’s not a race.

jam-bo

two lists, men and women. nearly 4000 women riders as well.

2850th in male, 172nd woman…

mattjg
    Free Member

yeah I twigged. doh.

@anyone doing the download – the file is called something.pdf.xls – it’s a PDF not an XLS, chop the .xls off the filename to open in a PDF reader

jambalaya
    Free Member

First Boris Bike was back after about five hours. Chapeau. But it was a pretty flat course.

Chapeau indeed. I ride one 10 mins to/from work and I’m thinking of building up another bike as the Boris is sooo heavy.

Kirs Cook who passed away’s fund raising total is £36k now.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Anybody going on next year’s?

mudshark
    Free Member

Hoping to!

freeagent
    Free Member

Does anyone know when the ballot opens for next years?
    I didn’t get in for this year, but determined to do it next year, one way or another.

alansd1980

Finished in 3.58 so just outside the top 1000.
    Not bad for a mid 30s commuter that lines his food.

Next years ballot opens on Monday I believe.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Ballot opens on Monday

brakes
    Free Member

Anybody going on next year’s?

I had to withdraw this year so have a guaranteed place next year.
    whoop!

TiRed

Ballot opens on Monday

And will close after 100,000 applications – or about four weeks.

Viewing 22 posts - 241 through 262 (of 262 total)

The topic ‘Ride London rollcall’ is closed to new replies.