• This topic has 29 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by SamB.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Ride London 100
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

Did anyone else enter this? The ballot has been drawn and they are starting to inform everyone if they got in or not.

I was one of the lucky ones 🙂 Perhaps not the most challenging of sportives ever but 100 miles of closed roads taking in a few London landmarks along the way should be a very a memorable experience.

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Nope, didn’t get in. 😐

roverpig

Yes, I was lucky too. I didn’t get in 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

missed out on the ballot, so applied and got a charity place instead
    should be a great, and hopefully a landmark event

lazybike
    Free Member

Yep..got in on the ballot, the only one from my club..

BlobOnAStick

🙁

Got a new cycle top though…..

eyerideit
    Free Member

I didn’t enter, but my friend did and he got a place.

There’s still charity places available, but you’ll have to raise over 1k or thereabouts for the privilege.

MrGreedy

Yup, got lucky, looking forward to it now. Closed roads IIRC, bet the cabbies/white van men will love us…

lotus777
    Free Member

didn’t get in,
    now i don’t have an excuse to go and buy a road bike 🙁

Andy-W
    Free Member

I got a place , i dont know what to expext with 20,000+ riders of all levels on the roads but it should be a good day out

then there is the small matter of the drive from Yorkshire, Hotels,Parking and then getting back to where ever the car is at the end of it all

im sure it will all sort its self out

brakes
    Free Member

you’ll have to raise over 1k or thereabouts

It’s 500 at most places I’ve seen

jezketley
    Free Member

I got a Jersey. But my brother got in. shall be doing the schwalbe weekend in Abergavenny instead I guess. But the ride London should be a hugely memorable day for riders.

eyerideit
    Free Member

[quoteIt’s 500 at most places I’ve seen
    [/quote]

Is it? I was just going of London marathon figures and thought it’d be similar to that. £500’s doable, ill look into it.

allthegear
    Free Member

Yes, I’m in.

Rachel

nickb

I was one of the many that didn’t get in. Time to apply for a charity place!

Nick

stumpy01

Not in. Not sure if I’m relieved or disappointed, given how unfit I currently am!

jakey6873
    Free Member

I’m in via the ballot, think it will be a memorable day, can’t get my head round how the organisers are going to manage 20000 riders and bikes

allthegear
    Free Member

Are they going to publish a route profile or something? Would be good to know what I have let myself in for…

Edit – ah – they already have!! http://www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk/Assets/London+Marathon+Digital+Assets/Prudential+RideLondon/London+Marathon+Digital+Assets/Downloadable/Prudential+RideLondon-Surrey+100+$!26+Classic+Routes+-+2013.pdf

Rachel

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Isn’t it the Olympic route or something??

I didn’t get in but not bothered as it would be a trek to London and back all getting silly expensive to ride manic crowded roads. We got to ride a lot of the Olympic bix course on the morning of the OLympics as they kept the roads shut there was also only about 5 other people out so already had the privilege 😉

not asking people to pay money to charity for something that isn’t that much of a challenge either! Everyone ius alwasy asking for money nowadays. Enjoy those that are doing it, when is it? Hope you get some good weather.

brakes
    Free Member

pay money to charity for something that isn’t that much of a challenge either! Everyone ius alwasy asking for money nowadays

just think how much money charities will get from this event alone and what that money can do and then think about whether it’s a worthy enough challenge…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

My point was if I can easily run 5k then there is no way I would expect to ask peopel to sponsor me. Every where you go nowadays someone is asking money for some charity or other. I don’t have a problem giving money to people but if they are doing an event it has to be a challenge for them.

Like people who have to raise £3500 to trek to Peru .. oh let me think, I’ll give you money to go on holiday? I don’t think so!

brakes
    Free Member

My point is if no-one fundraised for this event and other ‘easy’ events like the marathon then charities would be several millions out of pocket.
    Not quite the same as Tarquin’s sponsored gap yah in Kathmandu.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

PMSL @ Brakes!! I don’t have an issue with people full raising for this event I’m saying it wouldn’t be a challenge for me therefore I’m not willing to ask people to sponsor me. I would give money to certain people for charity who I would think couldn’t run a marathon not some whippet boy who’ll be around in 3 hours. Think that makes sense now!

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Almost upon us now hope the training has went well for those taking part.

Really looking forward to it just got to get the bike and gear packed now…a process that always takes longer than i anticipate 😀

huws
    Free Member

Could everyone doing it please keep the pace up, I live in between the out and return legs of the route and need to get back to my house sometime in the late afternoon. If you could all be past Chiswick bridge by 5pm that would be great. 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve raised £1,200 so far for the British Heart Foundation. Whoop!
    My training has involved doing the route twice already and it’s, well, ok. The last 30ish miles are pretty dull after the wonderment of the Surrey Hills, but I imagine it will be a whole different barrel of kettles on closed roads, as long as I haven’t got involved in any anticipated pile-ups.
    I’ll be on a grey Kinesis Racelight, with red socks and a red BHF jersey, black helmet. Throw some Haribo at me if you see me. 🙂

aP
    Free Member

Yes, I think we’ll be riding in the Chilterns on Sunday, as far away from it all as possible. Barriers were being put up near St James’s Park this morning and the back of Victoria.
    It will be interesting to see how people manage the logistics of getting to Stratford by 6am without public transport and not being able to use any of the closed road route to get there.

will
    Free Member

Looking forward to it. Should be a great experience riding closed roads around London & Surrey 😀

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

I got a ballot entry but withdrew due to broken wrist – thankfully they let you defer until 2014 so I can try again 🙂

SamB
    Free Member

Littlemisspanda, do I know you?? We may have met through a certain metal-loving lady who is getting married in November… 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Ride London 100’ is closed to new replies.