• This topic has 47 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by pondo.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Ridding with the Mrs?
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

you said there wasn’t any

That’s reason enough to hate sharing your ride time.

GolfChick
    Free Member

How about ‘riding with the OH?’

I’ve suggested to my boyfriend multiple times about going out on road bikes with me and in fact every time he comments on a bike looking nice i say ‘i’ll buy it for you’ but alas his response is always that I’ll either be too fast or he’d get too scared. I’d try it even once if it meant the possibility of us enjoying something together (on top of all the stuff we already enjoy together), even if it wasn’t the same pace or seriousness of what I do. I say go for it and see how it goes!

carlos
    Free Member

Well that went surprisingly well.

Nice easy 7km to the pub, cheeky pint and back again.

She’s never going to be joining me on a oropervride and has no aspersions to expand riding on a flat disused railway, BUT she had fun and is happy to do it whilst she can’t run as another firm if just getting out there.

Maybd I can use this to my advantage too, applying the N+1 rule. Currently Mrs Carlos’s N = 0

Carlos

slowoldman

Turned out she was actually pregnant on both sides

??

mick_r

At last Saturday’s midweek madness race, I counted it as a victory that (for once) I only got caught and passed by one child (and not the younger child or Mrs). There are perils to having a fast family 🙂

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Absolutely love going out riding with my Mrs. We bought a cheap Carrera off my brother, went out and she had a go on my Cotic and went and bought herself a Kona the day after. She was hooked, she’s a good skier and listener so within a fortnight were at Llandegla doing the blue, slowly but still really enjoying a day of getting out, riding, go for food and talk about the riding. Can’t beat it at all.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Turned out she was actually pregnant on both sides

Yes, sorry about that. As per subsequent edit.  That should read

Pregnant on both times.

Ie both occasions.

pondo

I enjoy it, the more she enjoys it the happier I am. Been a really slow process (we bought hybrids in, ooo, 2012 or so), have had fantastic French camping holidays where, on the back of zero mileage, she managed decent distances on their ace cycle paths. She’s always been scared to death of hills and big miles, but she’s been getting better, to the point that she did a lot of training and completed London Brighton (and rode up Ditchling :D) this year – we don’t do anything too scary together (she won’t do anything off road that her hybrid can’t handle and that’s fine) and we just bought a tandem to make chatting easier (and hopefully our average speed will sneak up a smidge 🙂 ).

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Ridding with the Mrs?’ is closed to new replies.