Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Ridden much this year?
  • njee20
    Free Member

I’ve ridden my MTB once this year.

Quite a bit on the road though.

jekkyl

Yeah not bad, usually at least once a week, twice a week if I want an argument with the wife lol.

Bregante

I’m closing in on 3000 miles so far this year but my mountain bike hasn’t turned a wheel since June so it’s mainly been road and commuting along bridleways and towpaths on the cx.

rOcKeTdOg

149 rides
    2349 miles
    149,912ft ascent

oldtalent
    Free Member

Aston hill, tidworth, 417 flyup, fod, antur stiniog, bpw, windhill, bmcc, swinley, qecp, morzine & a handful of enduro events.
    Ive had a pretty good year out most weekends. Got to get the rides in before winter as I dont ride then.

robbo1234biking

Started riding my bike again on the 25th August.

Have since covered 157 miles, 7336 ft of ascent.

superstu
    Free Member

This thread normally pops up at Christmas, but early this time!

Commitments mean I snatch an hour and a half long rides around once a week, with the odd rare longer trip out. I’ve been out 41 times according to Strava, mileage isn’t impressive due to the aforementioned time constraints, but consistently getting out which is nice.

lowey

Distance 880.0 mi
    Time 151h 53m
    Elev Gain 91,522 ft
    Rides 59

Mainly MTB with a few commutes. Damn my busy life.

faustus

Best year for a while, no commuting mileage, lots of enjoyable mtbing from the door. Some nice road riding done too but a higher proportion of mtb riding which has been great. Hoping to get close to 3000 miles and some nice trips away. Baby arrives end of Jan so next year might be…different!
    87 rides
    1830 miles
    137h 15m
    85,839ft

stilltortoise
    Free Member

This thread normally pops up at Christmas, but early this time!

I thought it might spur me into some late season action to try and salvage my 2017 stats 😆

Got our club “Legbreaker” in a couple of weeks, followed not longer after by the club hill climb. I have very low expectations.

mcnultycop

Nowhere near as much as I’d like to.

Distance 2,306.7 km
    Time 119h 54m
    Elev Gain 25,210 m
    Rides 81

mcnultycop

Nowhere near as much as I’d like to.

Distance 2,306.7 km
    Time 119h 54m
    Elev Gain 25,210 m
    Rides 81

Mister-P
    Free Member

My MTB has been out once this year, for a 5 mile pootle round Salcey Forest with my 8 year old daughter.

brennak

Since retiring at Christmas
    2053 miles
    189505 ft of climbing
    104 miles longest ride bikepacking over 2 days
    and hopefully another 100 miles this Sunday in the Manchester 100

prawny

Distance 5,659.8 mi
    Time 385h 9m
    Elev Gain 327,379 ft
    Rides 309

Looks like a lot, but it’s all to work and back, actual riding for pleasure has been woeful, 260 miles on my bike I got in march, I think I managed 2 rides before that so less than 300 all in. I’ve not even been ill, just a combination of lack of enthusiasm and crap weather have stopped me.

momo

Nope, LittleMissMomos arrival in January has really curtailed my time to ride bikes, just 544kms covered so far this year.

plyphon
    Free Member

Ridden once this year on a 10 mile XC loop. I moved to a city and don’t have my bike with me. I need to figure out how to store it and how to get to Epping from Islington.

daern
    Free Member

50+ rides, 80,000ft, 1200 miles or thereabouts.

Nothing to write home about compared to others here, except that I’ve done the vast majority of this with my 8yo son so I’m far more proud of him than of my own efforts 🙂

And the year ain’t done yet…!

tomhoward

I’ve got 8 sprogs.

😯 Crap TV reception where you are?

Anyway, back on topic, I’ve done more in the previous year than ever before (probably combined!)

Didn’t start using strava properly until April though, and I still forget to turn it on but I average 50 miles a week, commuting and mtb, done 2 45+mile off-road sportives, hit the north, singletrack7 and torq 12:12. Next event is the relentless 24hr. All solo.

This time last year a lap of the stainburn red loop (1.4km, <100m climbing) was not an inconsiderable effort.

qtip

A good year so far. Mostly road and commuting, but a fair bit of mountain biking thrown in.

Distance: 9,069 km
    Time: 370 h
    Elevation: 108,929 m
    Rides: 195

August was not a great month for me though, starting off with splitting my chin open at ‘Ard Rock and followed up by a bunch of things that kept me off the bike at weekends. Meant that I failed on my personal aim of a century ride per month – in fact, I even failed on the metric century per month. I did a 210 mile ride in July though, so not beating myself up about it too much!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Been a good year so far 4572.6 miles, my target is 6000 miles a year and should hit that mid october, I’m usually struggling to hit it between Christmas & new year. When I hit the traget I’ll go for 10,000km, then 7000 miles which might be a bit optimistic but we’ll see.

Trying for a 1000 mile month this month.

birky
    Free Member

Bit of a disaster. The year started ok, march to april was dry and managed a few routes I’d wanted to try for a while. Knackered my back at the end of april and was off the bike for 5 or 6 weeks. Back on for a couple of weeks then away on hols for a fortnight. Back for 3 weeks and fell off cycling to work and have had my wrist in a splint for 3 1/2 weeks. Meh.

cokie

3-4 times a week over the summer and slowly decreasing as the weather gets bad to 1-2 times a week.

Probably averages out at 2-3 times a week..

Plus a trail center or big wilderness visit once a month/every other month.

colp

howsyourdad1 – Member
    I only ride park so my vertical feet stats are through the roof!

[video]https://youtu.be/voNqjCAy6Sg[/video]

cheers_drive

By year started well, mainly due to Zwift and the surprising amount of fitness I gained from using it a couple of times a week. Did my fastest ever century on the road bike in April then due to a combination of family life and work the riding went off a cliff and I’ve ridden about 10 times since early May.
    Perversely I always have less time to ride in the summer but this year was particularly bad.
    Due to have catheter ablation for my AF in a month or so that will probably write the rest of the year off for me.

grannyjone
    Free Member

According to Strava done 4388km and 94,958m elevation so far this year in a year where I’ve tried to make mountain biking my first priority but have been plagued by mechanical problems, wet weather and mud.

gribble
    Free Member

No, I am not even counting it is so bad. Second child, getting fatter, blah blah. I don’t have an excuse, just need to get back in the motivated state I use daily it be in.

Ride at Swinley and a Bfe waiting to be built up are making me feel more in the mood for it…

Sandwich

440km so far this year. Last year 4400km so it’s a poor year.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Been a pretty good year so far and it’s not over yet!

Distance 3,240.2 mi
    Time 245h 44m
    Elev Gain 245,131 ft
    Rides 148

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Rubbish year! Did nothing from September 2016 till June this year, got a new bike and have done 39 miles this year. Really enjoyed yesterday’s ride so hoping when I come back from holiday to get out twice a week.
    No chance to ride next week gotta sort out last minute holiday bits.

jekkyl

does zwift actually count as real cycling…. I’m voting,….. naaahhhh 😛

scotroutes

I not looking at this years stats. 2016 had me chasing distance and height goals and I decided I wasn’t playing that game in 2017. I do know I’m well down on a few previous years though.

miketually
    Free Member

Distance: 1,551.6 km
    Time: 135h 39m
    Elev Gain: 10,667 m
    Rides: 290

The number of rides is somewhat inflated by recording my commute. That’s two rides, totaling 7km, per day 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ten miles every day as a minimum. Usually another 10 during weekday lunchtimes. 2or 3 evening rides if about 20 miles during the week.
    A bigger ride on Saturday and Sunday. I’d go mad if I didn’t ride.
    No kids. No wife. No TV. No road bike.

ransos
    Free Member

Not that much. And I’m doing a 300km audax tomorrow. I think it’ll go well…

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

From Strava:

Rides: 174
    Time: 329h 51m
    Distance: 7,225 km
    Elevation Gain:73,404m

The number of rides is somewhat inflated by recording my commute. That’s two rides, totalling a minimum of 56km per day

IMHO turbo trainers, Zwift etc. don’t count.

tomhoward

*full disclosure*

Some of my miles have been on an ebike 😯 😮

Was injured for 2 (separate) months though, so reckon it’s alloweable as I’ve only ridden it then

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Ridden much this year?’ is closed to new replies.