Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rickmansworth to Richmond Park………offroad?
  • ton

via Grand Union canal and Thames riverside path.

anyone done it?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Not for many years but it’s a pleasanat enough pootle, gather the canal path has been a bit “Sustransed” recently so less of a mudfest…..

druff
    Free Member

Yep, as hilldodger says, it’s a wasn’t enough ride, and yes some work’s been carried out to it over the last couple of years to make it more pleasant.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Often.

You can’t actually get on to the Thames path without a little bit of road around Brentford. Quickest way onto the Thames path is to go left once you get to Brentford then go over Kew Bridge. But the shortest route to Richmond is to turn right at Brentford and cross over the foot bridge at Richmond Lock.

Is this for your trip to watch the olympic road race?

london_lady
    Free Member

You could come off the Grand Union at Hayes I think and cut south along the river Crane if you want mud – that should take you down to the Thames and along to Richmond.

ton

muppetWrangler, yes it is mate.

looking for the easiest quietest option, now that we cant get on the trains back to Little Missenden area.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

looking for the easiest quietest option, now that we cant get on the trains back to Little Missenden area.

Canal to Brentford lock, turn right onto the London Road, either go through Syon park or turn left off of London Road onto Park Road towards Isleworth (this is the only really busy bit). Then follow the river to Richmond Lock and cross over onto the Thames path, turn right off the footbridge then at the third bridge (Richmond) come off of the path and make your way up Richmond Hill and into the park.

There is a slightly more pleasant although steeper road that joins the Thames path and Richmond Hill a short while after Richmond Bridge (Nightingale Lane) but it’s a bit confusing to describe how you get onto to it. Easy enough on the ground though.

ton

muppetWrangler
    that looks ideal mate, thanks very much. 😀

slimjim78
    Free Member

Nightingale Lane is a great 1:5(ish) little climb for training!

Richmond via Syon/Isleworth is a nice ride. Enjoy

hilldodger
    Free Member

Hey Ton, revive this thread nearer the date and if I’m around I’m more than happy to join you and guide through the urban sprawl 🙂

ton

will do mate…….nice one 😀

ononeorange

Ton – didn’t know you were Little Missenden area – close to me. What’s happening with trains then – I ask for the purposes of getting to work….?

ton

no proper bike on trains while the olympics is on, only folders.

hilldodger
    Free Member

ononeorange – Member
    What’s happening with trains

No bikes on trains (except folders) during the Olympics, not even in the “bike bit” 😕

EDIT :too slow: 😆

ononeorange

Ah…..OK thanks. And general mayhem too, I reckon.

Cheers and see you around

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rickmansworth to Richmond Park………offroad?’ is closed to new replies.