Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)
  • Rick Stein….
  • ransos
    Free Member

Why don’t you spare some of your land to them to build an affordable home or two?

Good point! And I’m sure some of these MPs he’s related to have a spare house or two…

roach

Cracking thread 😆

ilovemygears
    Free Member

Oh, and if you wish to convince me that you’re not bitter, perhaps you should stop the wishing people dead thing. If nothing else, it makes everyone think that you’re an extremely unpleasant person.

yes i wish him a horrible death hes a ****..thats the sort of person i am…get over it..im the sort of person that beats a homeless guy half to death when he try’s to steal my girlfriends chips and made her cry,

ilovemygears
    Free Member

ransos – Member
    Why don’t you spare some of your land to them to build an affordable home or two?
    Good point! And I’m sure some of these MPs he’s related to have a spare house or two…

you guys ever tried to get planning permission to build a house of farm land…lol

ransos
    Free Member

yes i wish him a horrible death hes a ****..thats the sort of person i am…get over it..im the sort of person that beats a homeless guy half to death when he try’s to steal my girlfriends chips and made her cry,

Judging by your posts so far, an entirely plausible scenario, except I find it difficult to believe that you have a girlfriend.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I didn’t have any issue with Mr Stein until I watched one of his programmes 🙂

Absolute muppet/ahole! Not content with getting paid to potter around Asia copying (stealing) people’s recipies this white devil then releases a book full of them. Now he may have given some of the proceeds of said book back to these kind people who were good enough to share with him, but I don’t expect so.

Exploitation that is! Takes me back to the days of colonialism.

Is he running businesses or is he a greedy mofo?

ransos
    Free Member

you guys ever tried to get planning permission to build a house of farm land

Let me guess – that’s Rick Stein’s fault.

Harry_the_Spider

you guys ever tried to get planning permission to build a house of farm land…lol

Would they let you build a restaurant?

ilovemygears
    Free Member

except I find it difficult to believe that you have a girlfriend.

not all women like wimp men you know

ransos
    Free Member

not all women like wimp men you know

You really are quite the keyboard warrior, aren’t you.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

ransos – Member
    you guys ever tried to get planning permission to build a house of farm land
    Let me guess – that’s Rick Stein’s fault

nope people from out side cornwall the complain about every thing, getting Asbo’s against people because there chickens are to loud.. or getting church bells stopped..

ransos
    Free Member

nope people from out side cornball the complain about every thing, getting Asbo’s against people because there chickens are to loud.. or getting church bells stopped..

Ok, we’ve gone way past incoherence and entered the world of the totally incomprehensible. Is there spittle running down your screen?

Brycey
    Free Member

LOLz as they say!

Judging from the Salford fire thread of yesterday you’re in my part of the world, I better give my missus a phone and warn her there’s a lunatic on the loose.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

cornball?

santacoops
    Free Member

I’d have a go at cornball, sounds good!

ilovemygears
    Free Member

Brycey – Member
    LOLz as they say!

Judging from the Salford fire thread of yesterday you’re in my part of the world, I better give my missus a phone and warn her there’s a lunatic on the loose.

lol i have more than one place to live… im only hear to my misses completes uni then its back home

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Do you have a place in cornball?

ransos
    Free Member

lol i have more than one place to live

Then you should give one of your places to those hard pressed Cornish folk that you pretend to care about.

santacoops
    Free Member

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s ok ilovemygears; I’m a Londoner and I just want to reassure you that I have no plans to buy a holiday home in Cornwall. Ever.

Having ‘holidayed’ with ‘Emmet’ relatives in north Cornwall far too many times, and seen just how insular and narrow-minded some people can be in that part of England, I’d be happy to stay away, as you seem to want us to.

Crap weather, nowhere to actually ride yer bike legally, meh scenery, unfriendly people. That’s my experience of having bin there many times.

Truro’s nice though. And I’m sure there are some nice folk there, and the weather in the more sheltered south coastal areas is a lot more pleasant.

I live in a place that’s bin shaped by immigrants and travellers over centuries, and I love it for that reason.

Embrace change, welcome evolution.

Harry_the_Spider

Gah, these cornballers coming up to Salford and taking up the local housing stock. 🙄

Brycey
    Free Member

lol i have more than one place to live…

There’s nothing worse than these folk that come up from the West Country and steal all the good people of the North’s homes.

Brycey
    Free Member

Darn it – too slow

Harry_the_Spider

But you were funnier*.

*apart from my cornballer bit

andy_hamgreen

class thread ! – could we get caravans and cats in there as well ? – mr gears seems like the man to have a decent rant about those too – specially caras in cornwall 🙂

j_me
    Free Member

I expect you havent. If you were to propose low cost affordable housing for locals you may be suprised, but you won’t, will you?

DenDennis
    Free Member

If you were to propose low cost affordable housing for locals you may be suprised

I was surprised when asking planning officers about affordable housing- its not actually a classification in planning terms and wouldn’t necessarily get an easier ride than private resi if you proposed a couple of new houses….

Superb troll BTW by ‘gears- I love the way on STW you can get a seemingly innocuous subject totally derailed such that in the coming weeks we’ll be referring to ‘that rick stein thread’ for example…
    FWIW i thought the bbc progs on spain were rather good, though I find Rick’s delivery somewhat annoying- over-use of the word ‘just’ as in “just…… fantastic” same as that awful kevin mcloud mayn.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh don’t get me started on Kevin McPonce. 😡

‘Oh look at me I’m a poncey lighting designer and I know better than anyone else about style and stuff’.

No you don’t. You just think you do. You’re a ponce. Just let people do their own thing and be happy; why’ve you got to be all condescending and scathing about their decisions all the flipping time?

I live it when he’s proven wrong, which is most of the time actually.

portlyone

I quite like his shows, not sure I could spend too much time with him.

the Local Heroes series was just… fantastic (sorry DD ;))

Harry_the_Spider

Ooh don’t get me started on Kevin McPonce.

Oi! Uncle Kev is ace.

If you carry on like that I will challenge you to a duel. Probably in Cornball.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

If you were to propose low cost affordable housing for locals you may be suprised, but you won’t, will you?

London folk would only buy them up and import church bells and GM Brian Blessed chickens, while quaffing jus de swan and throwing rocks at the locals.

yunki
    Free Member

I was surprised when asking planning officers about affordable housing- its not actually a classification in planning terms and wouldn’t necessarily get an easier ride than private resi if you proposed a couple of new houses….

you maybe would have been better off trying the term ‘social housing’ perhaps..?

DenDennis
    Free Member

nope yunki, wrong i’m afraid.

santacoops
    Free Member

Don’t be afraid! 😕

j_me
    Free Member
    yunki
    Free Member

just a thought.. and again.. please don’t be afraid.. there’s really no need..

I only mentioned it because as I understand it, that’s a term that was used in the contract on the little housing estate that I live on here in Devon..
    Where I believe a percentage of social housing is compulsory on any new commercial site.. 😕

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oi! Uncle Kev is ace.

Do what mate? 😡

See this, this is you, this is…

Poems? Floo-ahs???

DenDennis
    Free Member

Where I believe a percentage of affordable housing is compulsory on any new commercial site..

FTFY.

indeed correct in most LAs, but it doesnt necessarily mean you’d get an easier ride with planning to build say less than 5 new houses- many LAs have thresholds beneath which you don’t need an affordable %age…
    especially if you’re trying to build on agricultural land you’d get a hard time i imagine.
    my experience, and I’ve been involved with planners on several small and large applications for private / affordable resi.
    Happy to be proven wrong, I find its always good to learn something (unlike a few on here!) 😀

yossarian
    Free Member

Good ranting Ilovemygears!

You’ve introduced an amusing yet murderous element, i like that.

Unfortunately it’s the lot of the English Coastal town these days. Create anywhere halfway nice and the affluent city folk buy up the properties and force the locals away. Seen it up and down the country.

Remember going to Padstow in the early 80’s. It was bloody great and would be every bit as good now (probably better) if there were a number of competing and locally owned restaurants.

Harry_the_Spider

Elf. Pasties at dawn.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Rick Stein….’ is closed to new replies.